Release Unsplash Photo Screensaver w/ Keyword Search

Available from my beta repo and the Official Kodi repository.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I'm confused, is that link correct?
(2017-08-18, 08:55)Razze Wrote: I'm confused, is that link correct?

Nope, its incorrect... good catch Big Grin
Any chance you can make the transition between pictures immediate or smoother? Currently I see the Kodi interface in between for split second on each transition.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Would be cool to also print the location. Or description of the picture, if it has one Smile

It's not possible to make the time bolder is it? As it's depending on the skin.

I also did get this error on one occation:

Code:
13:28:33.248 T:138088670288   ERROR: screensaver.unsplash-1.0.0-openURL Failed! <urlopen error [Errno 7] No address associated with hostname>
(2017-08-20, 08:35)Martijn Wrote: Any chance you can make the transition between pictures immediate or smoother? Currently I see the Kodi interface in between for split second on each transition.
Yes, I can fix that... Smile

Sent from my SM-G935T
(2017-08-20, 13:38)Razze Wrote: Would be cool to also print the location. Or description of the picture, if it has one Smile

It's not possible to make the time bolder is it? As it's depending on the skin.

I also did get this error on one occation:

Code:
13:28:33.248 T:138088670288   ERROR: screensaver.unsplash-1.0.0-openURL Failed! <urlopen error [Errno 7] No address associated with hostname>
I'm using their source api which generates photo urls after given parameters....

However since there is interest in this plug-in Smile I'll move to thier more robust API which features metadata.

Not sure about the time, Issue is the fonts.xml and included fonts for your given skin. I believe I'm using a "standard" font name but it's actual parameters are set by the individual skin.

I can set a "Bold" style but the outcome may vary between skins.

Also, not sure why you're getting url errors, I'll make sure to set a fallback image when it happens.

Thx for the feedback. Smile

Sent from my SM-G935T
Just a heads up the "robust" API has A LOT of guidelines not bound to the simple api already in use. Example guidelines from the newer api (Cannot use the "Unsplash" name or logo).

I'm going to leave this screensaver alone since it breaks no api rules. I'll fix the current issues... while working on a new screensaver built using the robust unsplash API.
Great screensaver.  Thanks for this.
I would love to remove the darkened overlay at the bottom of the images.
Is this possible?
(2019-10-21, 17:47)Numiah Wrote: I would love to remove the darkened overlay at the bottom of the images.
Is this possible?

Sure, I'll add an option to disable it.

::Update::
Added to v.1.0.5
(2019-10-21, 18:10)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2019-10-21, 17:47)Numiah Wrote: I would love to remove the darkened overlay at the bottom of the images.
Is this possible?

Sure, I'll add an option to disable it.

::Update::
Added to v.1.0.5 
You're a hero!
Thanks a gazillion for all your efforts. They're really appreciated.
Has anything changed lately? Because for some weeks now I am getting an error on the screen when this addon kicks in (We couldn't find that photo). Is there a way to clear cache on it?
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 4 GB with latest stable CoreElec
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
(2021-01-28, 16:20)tmihai20 Wrote: Has anything changed lately? Because for some weeks now I am getting an error on the screen when this addon kicks in (We couldn't find that photo). Is there a way to clear cache on it?

I'll look into it...
I have debugged it a little. It seems that with the default settings it does not show any photo. If I am choosing tags, photos started to appear. I reverted back to the Featured photo list and I started seeing the error again. Maybe the way that the Featured photos are being retrieved is not working anymore.
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 4 GB with latest stable CoreElec
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unsplash Photo Screensaver w/ Keyword Search1