Kodi Add-On repository automatically disabled
Hi,

when I installed KODI on a new HTPC, follwoing the instructions set out here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=318566
everything seems to work fine, except that whenever I start KODI I get the following error message

INCOMPATIBLE ADD-ONS The Following add-ons are incompatible with this version of Kodi and have been automatically disabled: Kodi Add-on repository.original PC.

I do not really know what this means, but I don't have that problem on the original PC. I tried disabling it, but that option is greyed out.

Can anyone help me with getting rid of this error message?
The 'originalPC' sounds like it's something you've edited yourself.
Can you have a look in the two addons folders in programfiles/kodi and %appdata%/kodi for anything that has 'originalPC' in it.
Sorry, that was a typo, this is the text:

Quote:INCOMPATIBLE ADD-ONS The Following add-ons are incompatible with this version of Kodi and have been automatically disabled: Kodi Add-on repository
I couldn't figure out from your link exactly how you installed Kodi on the new PC. I suspect your addons database was copied over and there is a conflict. You might try backing it up and deleting it (and any older versions) in the new PC Kodi appdata and see if that works. A debug log might also provide some clues.

scott s.
Thanks scott967

I have one folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons and one C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\userdata\addon_data The first was created when Kodi was installed on the new HTPC, the second was copied from the original PC to allow me to keep all work I had done on tweaking Kodi to my liking and requirements. I have since done further tweaking, so the userdata folder shouldn't be messed with? But I could perhaps delete the Kodi\addons file?
(2017-08-18, 23:12)cgroth Wrote: Thanks scott967

I have one folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons and one C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\userdata\addon_data The first was created when Kodi was installed on the new HTPC, the second was copied from the original PC to allow me to keep all work I had done on tweaking Kodi to my liking and requirements. I have since done further tweaking, so the userdata folder shouldn't be messed with? But I could perhaps delete the Kodi\addons file?
You shouldn't have copied anything into c:\programfiles(x86)\Kodi.
Look at the original thread again, because anything copied should have been from %APPDATA%\Kodi on the old machine into the same place on the new one.
(2017-08-18, 23:16)trogggy Wrote: anything copied should have been from %APPDATA%\Kodi on the old machine into the same place on the new one.

I might well have done that, I can't remember now how I did it, but I think I did it step by step according to the instructions. Since everything else works just like it should, doesn't that make sense? Or is there any way to check?

Anyway, I just checked and I do have the same set-up for in the AppData\Roaming\Kodi folder, but I don't quite know which set of files are used by KODI. The desktop shortcut I use to launch KODI targets the Program Files (x86) folder.
The shortcut will point at kodi.exe - which will be in programfiles in a default installation. The stuff you put in %appdata% is settings. Both locations are used - only stuff in %appdata% can be changed by kodi.
Can you link to a debug log?
(2017-08-18, 23:43)trogggy Wrote: The shortcut will point at kodi.exe - which will be in programfiles in a default installation. The stuff you put in %appdata% is settings. Both locations are used - only stuff in %appdata% can be changed by kodi.
Can you link to a debug log?

Have tried before but never succeeded, will try again tomorrow... I seem to recall I have to sign up for some service where I can store the log, and then give a link to that place, but I can't use Google Drive or Dropbox? Have to do a bit of research on how to do it, but too late in the evening for me now Sleepy
Enable debug logging.
Restart kodi, let it run until you see the error.
Open the log (%appdata%\Kodi\kodi.log) in a text editor (eg notepad / notepad++) and copy it.
Go to a paste site (eg pastebin.com), paste the log into a new page, enter it and copy the link to the page it's on.
Post the link here.

That^^ is what I do. Look in the wiki for other / easier methods. There are links in every mod's signature.
No need to sign up to anything.
(2017-08-19, 00:17)trogggy Wrote: Enable debug logging.
Restart kodi, let it run until you see the error.
Open the log (%appdata%\Kodi\kodi.log) in a text editor (eg notepad / notepad++) and copy it.
Go to a paste site (eg pastebin.com), paste the log into a new page, enter it and copy the link to the page it's on.
Post the link here.

That^^ is what I do. Look in the wiki for other / easier methods. There are links in every mod's signature.
No need to sign up to anything.

I think I sucessfully pasted it here:

https://pastebin.com/HPTWNC3C

Big Grin

Can anyone see what's wrong? I don't understand it at all, tried reading it Confused

Christopher
(2017-08-18, 23:37)cgroth Wrote: I might well have done that, I can't remember now how I did it, but I think I did it step by step according to the instructions.
You will have fewer headaches if you write down exactly what you do when you do it.
IF you overwrote any of the files in the Program Files location, you might have more issues coming to light.

Have a look at your addons and see what version of "Kodi Add-on Repository" you have. Mine is 2.5.8. Your log refers to version 2.1.34 being incompatible. If that's what's installed, try updating to the latest version and see whether that fixes it. Were you running kodi 17.3 on your other computer, the one you copied from?
(2017-08-19, 13:11)cgroth Wrote: I think I sucessfully pasted it here:

https://pastebin.com/HPTWNC3C
You did.
Quote:ADDON: repository.xbmc.org version 2.1.34 is incompatible
You're running 17.3, so you should have repo version 2.5.10 (or thereabouts).

Can you look for a folder called 'repository.xbmc.org' in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons
Open that folder
Open the file called 'addon.xml' and read the version (probably the 4th line down).
What does it say?
(2017-08-19, 13:41)bilgepump Wrote: IF you overwrote any of the files in the Program Files location, you might have more issues coming to light.

Doesn't the fact that there is a set of required files in the roaming folder suggest I did copy them there? Or would KODI itself place a set of files there? If not I must have done it, and I am 100 % certain I did'n't copy and paste into two different places at least! Smile

(2017-08-19, 13:41)bilgepump Wrote: Have a look at your addons and see what version of "Kodi Add-on Repository" you have. Mine is 2.5.8. Your log refers to version 2.1.34 being incompatible. If that's what's installed, try updating to the latest version and see whether that fixes it.

I tried updating it yesterday, but unsuccessfully. I have Auto-update enabled. In Settings>Add-ons>Add-on repository>Add-on information>Kodi Add-on repository the version is given as 2.1.34. Tried updating today too., but receive the following message "KODI ADD-ON REPOSITORY The dependency on xbmc.gui version 5.3.0 could not" ([sic])

(2017-08-19, 13:41)bilgepump Wrote: Were you running kodi 17.3 on your other computer, the one you copied from?

Yes
(2017-08-19, 13:54)trogggy Wrote:
Quote:ADDON: repository.xbmc.org version 2.1.34 is incompatible
You're running 17.3, so you should have repo version 2.5.10 (or thereabouts).

Can you look for a folder called 'repository.xbmc.org' in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons
Open that folder
Open the file called 'addon.xml' and read the version (probably the 4th line down).
What does it say?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="repository.xbmc.org"
name="Kodi Add-on repository"
version="2.1.34"
provider-name="XBMC Foundation">
<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.addon" version="12.0.0"/>
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.3.0"/>
</requires>
<extension point="xbmc.addon.repository"
name="Official XBMC.org Add-on Repository">
<dir minversion="13.9.0">

This is the beginning of the file. So I guess version 2.1.34 is the culprit? How/where do I get a newer version when for some reason neither auto- nor manual update works? Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Add-On repository automatically disabled0