Help: Python not working, Experts needed
Hi. I might be just too stupid..

I have XBMC on my Xbox, the skin/distribution comes with lots of scripts.
But none of them do work. They are just triggered from the GUI, but nothing happens.

I wonder whether I have to install Python seperately to make it work, or don't I?

Sorry for asking a stupid question, but I did not find a solution via the search function here.

I hope the answer is simple for an Python expert.

(BTW: I would also be interested in a soluion for the XBMC for OSX. Does anybody know if python is working there by default?)

Thanks alot.
Question 
Are you a "developer"? (it does not sound like it), ...if not then you should have posted in the "end-user" forum instead of the "developers" forum.

jcee11 Wrote:I would also be interested in a soluion for the XBMC for OSX. Does anybody know if python is working there by default?)
No, XBMC for Mac OS X does not yet support python.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Rainbow 
Gamester17 Wrote:Are you a "developer"? (it does not sound like it), ...if not then you should have posted in the "end-user" forum instead of the "developers" forum.

No, XBMC for Mac OS X does not yet support python.

True........It's his third post mind you so I'm not inclined to n00b bash. :-)

What is the version number of XBMC you have installed?

Also check in XBMC\System\

is there a folder in there called 'python' ?

Some upgrade scripts assume they're overwriting a working installation so it may well be that you're missing some stuff (frequently python, visualisations that kind of thing)

If there is a folder called python is it empty?
oh and I'm no 'expert' ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help: Python not working, Experts needed0