Solved Kodi (17.3 + 17.4) won't play any files
Hi All,

I'm having a pretty weird issue:

Kodi refuses to play back anything, be it music or movies! External players are working fine, and new files are being correctly detected and added/scraped to the library. With anything that uses the internal player, though, all I get is the "one or more files could not be played...." message!

Any thoughts??

TIA!

- Erik

Kodi Logfile
Please remove the log from your post and upload it to PasteBin.com and supply the link they will give you instead.

Logs in posts bloat the forum database and are not allowed.

Also the log does not have debugging enabled. See the wiki for details of how to do that - debug log (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Will do - thanks for the heads up!
Does it work without your playercorefactory.xml installed? Anyway it would be nice if you switch to estuary and turn off all the skin helper stuff for testing, as that makes reading your log a PITA.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Hi Scott,

I'll give that a try.

- Erik
Did this get solved? I can get stuff to play, but have to choose the Kodi Player (from a contextual menu no avail in the main screen), even when no other players are avail. Normal "enter" commands trigger a whoosh sound, but do not launch the file.
@bigbrain28

As this issue is specific to a users setup, and not a kodi problem, you will need to provide a debug log (wiki) for assistance.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-20, 23:04)Karellen Wrote: @bigbrain28

As this issue is specific to a users setup, and not a kodi problem, you will need to provide a debug log (wiki) for assistance.

I appreciate that, and I will get a log asap - However, if this is indeed a "user setup" issue, I struggle to  make sense of it as I have made no changes in setup - this change came about on its own, perhaps as the result of an unattended update?
Setup as in the equipment you use, your operating system and version, your kodi version etc... I certainly don't have this problem. So far I only see two people with this problem.

You haven't told us any of the above, so there is no way to try to help you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Put it this way, if you called up a garage and said to them my car won't go with no other details, would you expect them to immediately know what was wrong with it?
I am happy to provide all of that info - My response was only to indicate that a change in Kodi behavior came about with no change in additional equipment, which puzzled me. It literally happened overnight.
The Kodi is connected to;
Marantz 6011 via HDMI (On latest firmware from 3/16/17)
Which is connected to;
LG OLED65E7 (recent firmware upgrade!)
The network is the source for all files (GB Ethernet to GB Switch to WD MYCloud, which has 2 additional 4tb drives USB to it)
I use a Logitech K400 Keyboard which has a usb micro-dongle in the Kodi
The Kodi is running 17.3

(I also posted this on AVForums in the section for my TV)
After the last update (E7) I have strange behavior with my Pi3 Kodi box. 

Normal/Previous behavior: select a video, press enter, video plays.
New Behavior: Above action does nothing. I MUST go to an alternate screen, right click and select "Play With..." and choose "Video Player" (this is the built-in Kodi player)from a list that NOW contains "Default, Video Player, LGOLED65E7" or I cannot start a video playing.

It seems as if the update made the TV 'broadcast' itself as a player option, that has now corrupted the Kodi in a way that I cannot undo. Even (now) when Kodi is plugged into another TV, the issue persists (albeit the LG is not an option to play through). 

I also believe this is related to Ethernet protocols, as I have managed to correct the issue (in theory) by disconnecting the Pi Kodi from the network prior to boot. The functionality (enter to play) returns, but without a network I have no files to play...
Problem solved: I had to shut off the UPN/P settings to keep it from 'seeing' the other players on the network. I did NOT turn it on, or perhaps it was always on and the update to the TV made it more visible as a source, IDK.
Thread marked solved.
(2017-11-02, 17:37)bigbrain28 Wrote: Problem solved: I had to shut off the UPN/P settings to keep it from 'seeing' the other players on the network. I did NOT turn it on, or perhaps it was always on and the update to the TV made it more visible as a source, IDK.
 THANK YOU!! I had the exact same problem. Overnight it stopped working, wouldn't play anything (TV, local media, Amazon Prime). Lots of references to other devices in my log. Was about ready to blow it away and re-install when I saw your post. Disabled Upnp, rebooted and all is well.

BTW I also have a Marantz receiver, not sure if that is related.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi (17.3 + 17.4) won't play any files0