v17 How to define default artwork to look for
Question 
Hi there

Is it possible to define what naming and or filetype KODI should look for when looking for?

E.g. per default I see that Kodi is looking for poster.jpg in a folder. I would like Kodi to look for and use poster.gif first, and then look for poster.jpg if .gif is not available
There's nothing in the GUI that would allow this, Kodi picks up your fanart art and posters locally in the jpeg format, and if that isn't available it exits to the web as per scrape instructions to grab the art available, failing that creates its own thumbnail based on video content x frames into the video. There was a time graphics were defined in a thumbnail format, so of course, it's possible to change this behaviour, but not without getting your hands into coding {all thumbs are now kept in jpeg format}. We only support animated gif in the posters, if your interest is in the animation aspect of gifs there are threads in the forum that discuss this at length.https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215727 Kodi will see picture/image formats: BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, MNG, ICO, PCX and Targa/TGA although in some of these formats, there are subsets that might not be handled well. Given the advancedsettings.xml (wiki) wiki, it looks like you can set 2.7.1 pictureextensions which may allow manually pulling in a straight gif (un-tested) and I've noticed that some advanced settings information in the animated forum link. Perhaps you could leave us a report on your experiences.

a few more wiki links, Artwork (wiki) MultiImage Control (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to define default artwork to look for0