Audio playing slow; maybe video too? Weird...help? Log inside
Heres the basics:

OS X El Capitan, final release, all updates done.

mid-2009 17" iMac, fresh display, new SSD, new memory (4GB)

Kodi 17.3

Pastebin: https://paste.ubuntu.com/25348667/

This is a FRESH install on a FRESH hard drive.

Whenever I go to my library and play any of the movies from my networked NAS (all mapped properly) on this Kodi, my movies play noticeably slower. I can tell this because when music from the movie plays that I know very well, for example "I'm alright" by Kenny Loggins from the opening sequence of that one golf movie, it PLAYS and SOUNDS slower. Its not like super slow motion, but you can DEFINITELY tell it's not right, and when it comes to dialogue the characters voices are lower as well. I can't tell if the video is playing slower, but I can tell the syncing from actor's lips to audio sounds is not correct.

This happens with ALL movies in my library, and it is NOT the files themselves as they play fine on my other Kodi devices on my network (Pi3 in the bedroom and Mac Mini in my living room), and I have also had these files for YEARS, though numerous hard drive backups and previous iterations of Kodi.

Suggestions?
Try turn off "sync to display" in player settings in case it is turned on.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
That WAS turned on, and now it's off...still didnt fix it...more ideas?

Is there anything else I can do to help? anywhere else to look for settings/logs/config files?
You can try to set the audioconfiguration in kodi to fixed and set sample rate to 44100 or 48000 hz and see if this makes a difference.

Also provide a debug log (wiki) yours was without debugging.

Does this also happen with the internal speakers of that imac?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Could NOT find audio configuration setting to set the fixed sample rate. details on it's location?

Here is the debug log hopefully with event logging, as I turned it on, saw the read-out in my upper left corner of the screen, athen went to log file uploader and got my pastebin address: https://paste.ubuntu.com/25359290/

I AM using the internal speakers of the iMac...it was dead broken when I got it, so I repaired it, and now it's in my kitchen to watch netflix while cooking, kodi, read recipes from, etc. It is using the internal speakers period, no sound is being sent to any external audio device such as a receiver, amp, etc.

Also, as a side issue, I recently built a new network, and the previous IP for my NAS was 192.168.1.17; my NEW IP for the NAS is 192.168.2.57...this is causing some problems with wake on lan, and as well as with finding files and such, but I do not know how to get rid of the old .17 ip address in the previous config. If you ctrl-f ".1.17" you'll see where it pops up and gives me issues. I have a handful of movies that don't get scanned/recognized, and I also get crashes and I think it's related somehow due to the IP conflict...

for example: DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url nfs://192.168.1.17/volume1/video/movies/
Ok, found the issue: I use an audio amplification app from the apple app store called Boom 2 which GREATLY increases the audio out of the stock speakers.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/boom-2-t...6063?mt=12

I saw it in the log, then on a hunch I disabled it and set Kodi to default internal speakers, went and played a movie, and it played find with no audio lag.

Now my question is is there a way around this to get this app to work WITH kodi? ANY combination of settings that would allow it to work? I mean I can use it for everything else then shut it off for Kodi I suppose, but I'd prefer it was on constantly.

Thoughts on that and my IP config issues or any other faults you see in my debug?

Looks like you've been here before, Memphiz: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=305168

IS this computer just too slow to playback files properly? I see a LOT of errors...
Just don't use that boom audio device then ... - i think all those errors during playback in the log file are due to that audio device which seems not to have all the abilities that kodi needs.

I have no idea how to get rid of that old ip - either you still have a source in your sources.xml that points to that ip or it is a leftover in the wakeup.xml.

Both files are to be found in your userdata (wiki) folder.
(2017-08-21, 03:06)skawalker Wrote: Ok, found the issue: I use an audio amplification app from the apple app store called Boom 2 which GREATLY increases the audio out of the stock speakers.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/boom-2-t...6063?mt=12

I saw it in the log, then on a hunch I disabled it and set Kodi to default internal speakers, went and played a movie, and it played find with no audio lag.

Now my question is is there a way around this to get this app to work WITH kodi? ANY combination of settings that would allow it to work? I mean I can use it for everything else then shut it off for Kodi I suppose, but I'd prefer it was on constantly.

Thoughts on that and my IP config issues or any other faults you see in my debug?

Looks like you've been here before, Memphiz: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=305168

IS this computer just too slow to playback files properly? I see a LOT of errors...
 Happened to me too, and I went crazy finding the source. I use Kodi on my Macbook for PVR live TV, and voices sounded a little weirdly slow. No matter what preset you choose, or if you enable or disable Boom2. Unless you don't close it, the problem won't go away. It's the only incompatibility I've found for Boom2.
I solved a similar problem for myself where the audio sounded sluggish. In Kodi settings/Audio, make sure you have "Expert" settings selected in the bottom left corner to see the maximum options. Under "output configuration", I chose "Fixed" which provides an option a few settings below for "Limit sampling rate". I set that to 44.1 and made sure that my Mac's audio (in Audio Midi Setup) was set to "2 ch 24bit Integer 44.1 kHz". Once I did that, everyone stopped talking like Barry White. Hope that helps someone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio playing slow; maybe video too? Weird...help? Log inside0