Req custom notes field
Question 
I was wondering if we could get a custom notes field?

Reason:
sometimes I would like to link certain information of a movie in my collection into the tmm db. for that there is currently no free form field so I cant really do that. The information is not necessarily text, sometimes it could just be another URL, i.e. if I have several different versions of a movie and would like to link the comparison that some reviewer on his blog did to it, I could not do that. This data does not have to be made available to any other 3rd party tools or displayed in the nfo but just additive to the db in general.

Looking forward to your feedback, thank you.
storing such additional data in the DB would be no problem, but you lose it, when you lose the database...
so imho it should be stored in the NFO too as an optional field - what do you think?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Yes, +1 for this feature.
This sound good to me but yes i agree needs a option to store in the nfo in case something happens to the database, stuff happens sometimes. I can see maybe using a option like this though with adding like a url or something for some extra info. I also have multiple versions of some movies. i think i'm secretly a digital hoarder. hehe

Usually what i do with multiple versions of a movie though. i just make a note below the plot and maybe also write a little paragraph noting what's different in the movie version.

*+*+* 2012 Arrow Remaster *+*+*

- Extended dream sequences in this version

Something along those lines and i also edit posters for multiple versions of same movie to reflect the different versions also. Might be a little ghetto but works for me.

This option ClueLessNoob mentioned sound like a good idea though. I could see me using it.

*Edit* I would like to see a option under Editions for Anniversary Edition as i got a crap ton of Anniversary Edition movie versions. thx
given how much data I have nowadays in the db I actually have a backup of it, not kidding. so it is corrupts I am not worried and just pick up from the last weeks version. so for me this feature really only need to be in tmm. I dont mind if the nfo is updated too but wonder about compatibility since the nfo content is a defined standard and I dont know if you could just add another tag to it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
custom notes field0