v18 [Feature Request] - Play state in Library for strm files
Hi Devs,

i'm using the amazon plugin from sandmann79 and his option to export movies and tv shows as strm files to add it to kodi library.
When this feature is used playing works fine but kodi doesn't write play position and watched state to database. Can you please add this feature to make handling of streaming content more like local content?
We have no control over the app created by sandmann79. You will need to contact him/her with your requrest. Contact details should be available from where you downloaded the add-on.

Where did you download it from?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It is no problem with the addon itselve. All works fine but Kodi didn't store last playstate etc. when played media is started via a strm file.

The addon is available in his repo https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/relea...-1.0.2.zip
AFAIK the add-on has to add the resume point handling, because I doubt the strm file contains a static link to the URL of the stream but rather a VFS path to the add-on (didn't check myself). The author of the NF add-on recently added a new feature to Kodi core that allows add-ons to handle resume points and trigger the according dialog. So the Amazon add-on would have to implement this feature.
Thx for feedback. Is there a documentation about the new resume point handling ?
this is the related PR: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12586
if you pass this to Sandman he might be able to figure out the required changes. Alternatively ping the author of the PR Smile
Well I only use the Youtube plugin and I build my .strm files as per the Kodi wiki e.g.,
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=Mst2oddEDUs

It seems to me that since each strm has an entry in the Kodi library, and the Kodi library has a slot for each movie in the database for resume, and the stream is being delivered using the Kodi video engine, that it should be a Kodi issue to capture the resume timestamp (and not a Youtube Addon responsibility).

I 2nd the motion to have Kodi capture resume times (at a minimum) for .strm play states.

L C
(2017-08-21, 15:19)da-anda Wrote: AFAIK the add-on has to add the resume point handling, because I doubt the strm file contains a static link to the URL of the stream but rather a VFS path to the add-on (didn't check myself). The author of the NF add-on recently added a new feature to Kodi core that allows add-ons to handle resume points and trigger the according dialog. So the Amazon add-on would have to implement this feature.

That's not the problem. Stem files are playlist.
When you open a strm file it will load the list of files you put in kodi internal playlist and start from the beginning like with every playlist

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] - Play state in Library for strm files0