Solved add on button does not work
I have installed KODI 17.3 on my WINDOWS 7 64 BIT desktop.

I wish to use the ADD ON feature, the button simply does not work.
It just turns yellow.
Just had a thought. Can this be corrected by changing something in settings or something ?
I have used XBMC and Kodi for some time now (some 7-8 years), but an addon feature with a button that can turn yellow, that I haven't seen yet.

So you'll need to give a bit more info that you initially gave.
Perhaps a screenshot.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sad 
The add content button, just does not work. it just turns yellow.

sorry I do not know how else to descried this problem ! Undecided
(2017-08-23, 18:43)banksy Wrote: The add content button, just does not work. it just turns yellow.

sorry I do not know how else to descried this problem ! Undecided

(2017-08-20, 23:36)nickr Wrote: Perhaps a screenshot.
I shall be totally honest, so making myself out to perhaps look rather "slow" shall I put it !!!

I am 67 , have had a p.c. for many years, but is a screen shot taking a photo of the screen ? If so I have a phone that can take a photo, but how do I get it on here Huh
Perhaps it would help if you describe what you are trying to do, step by step?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2017-08-25, 21:02)banksy Wrote: I shall be totally honest, so making myself out to perhaps look rather "slow" shall I put it !!!

I am 67 , have had a p.c. for many years, but is a screen shot taking a photo of the screen ? If so I have a phone that can take a photo, but how do I get it on here Huh
What you can do is press the PrtSc button on your keyboard, then go to http://imgur.com/ and if you press CTRL+V it will paste a screenshot into the site. From there it will give you a link, something like:
Code:
http://imgur.com/a/bcdef

If you just post that link in here someone can take a look at it for you Smile
I can never get PrtScr to work. If you have that issue, then use Kodi's inbuilt screen capture. Press CTRL+S. You will then be asked where to save the image file (if not already setup).
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you all,
I believe I have "solved" my own problem.

on the KODI download page, I was downloading the standard d/l for WINDOWS. This clearly says 32bit, I thought it would work, as I do have the odd 32bit program that does.

I have just now downloaded the 64 bit and have just glanced at it and it seems O.K. as far as I have looked. So I will see how it goes Huh

MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE READ THIS THREAD, AND REPLYS TO IT

"WE'L SEE HOW IT GOES": Big Grin

(Going to have to learn how to use this version of KODI, a little in the dark regarding this ! )
FYI,

The 32bit version does work on 64bit systems. It is what most of us use on Win systems. It is the opposite that does not work.

You have downloaded the unstable v18. So expect problems.

Had you provided the information we requested, we could have tried to solve the problem you were having with the Stable Release.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sorry, if I have perhaps taken the wrong path ! I do realise that v.18 could be unstable.

But it just seemed that we where all going around in circles. That I was unable to describe my problem in a way that you could understand correctly.
This I hold yourselves at no fault whatsoever !

I will make one last try, as you have come back to me to try and save me further problems.

I want to add my own cousin content from elsewhere to KODI. I go to add and this is where it stops. I am unable to bring up the screen where I would enter the provider of this content and download a package to my add-ons to use
It's no problem. I just know you will run into trouble with it so just wanted to advise you before you spend too much time trying to set up that version.

We are going around in circles because you won't provide the requrested information. We have asked for a screenshot of the yellow button because we don't have buttons that turn yellow in the default skin. It is a new question for us so we need to see it. ---EDIT--- Just so there is no confusion, we want to see the entire screen, not just a close up of the button Smile

Re-create the problem that gives you the yellow button then press CTRL-S. It will then ask you where to save the file. Once saved, upload the file here... https://imgbb.com/ (no account required). Once uploaded, it will give you a link. Simply copy the link and paste it here into a post.

If you cannot do the CTRL-S, then use your smartphone/tablet/camera and follow the same procedure.

Once we see the yellow button, it might give us a clue on how to proceed next.
My Signature
I thank all of you, for your patience in trying to help me with my problem.
I also admit that I am hopeless regarding trying to get this screenshot thing to work for me. I just gave up and followed another path altogether. I will however try again to correct the situation that "some" of you may be misunderstanding. There is no "yellow" button , it is blue on one of the KODI setup screens that you click on to add content. It just turns yellow when clicked on because there is a malfunction.

I will explain this malfunction :=
There is a lot of hype regarding KODI FOR WINDOWS 64 BIT at the moment this is KODI 18 (READ THE DETAILS THAT IT SAYS).

I am running a 64 bit WINDOWS program on my P.C. This is what KODI 18 is built for it is fully compatible with my P.C.(once all the bugs are ironed out it should be fine)

Pardon me for putting this as blunt here, but this 64 bit WINDOWS P.C. is NOT COMPATABLE with any other version of KODI ! Hence I get a malfunction after trying to install any other version of KODI here. I was told that other versions of KODI would be fine but this is just wrong concerning my 64 BIT system !

So for the time being I have moved away from here totally.
I have got myself a "FIRESTICK TV BOX, load KODI 17.4 onto it and it and it is working FINE , I can add or remove any content I want.

I WOULD HOPE THAT FOR THE BENIFIT OF ALL CONCERNED HERE THIS POST IS SHOWN IN FULL, TO SAVE OTHER PEOPLE GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES.
Thank you allWink
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
add on button does not work0