Kodi Xfinity TV on Kodi?
(2018-01-04, 21:52)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2018-01-04, 21:26)TearDrop1319 Wrote:
(2018-01-04, 20:07)DarrenHill Wrote: If by "Goodfellows" you actually mean "Goodfellas", be aware that it is a banned addon (wiki) and not supported here (and nor is any device containing it) as it uses illegally sourced pirated material.

There is also an xunity Xfinity build out there which is nothing to do with Comcast and is similarly banned for the same reasons.
 Im talking about Comcast Xfinity and not any addon  Blush   

"I had to create a Favorite from the EPG link in the GoodFellows addon.  Is it an option in your skin, and, if not, how did you accomplish it?" 
I've edited my reply to remove the reference to the "banned" add-on.  Thanks for the heads up!
Better still, remove it from your machine!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
TearDrop1319

Yep, I was confused... I thought you were referencing the KODI EPG, but, if I had thought about it, I would have realized what you actually meant.  Thanks for the clarification.

You've inspired me to mess around with AHK to see if I can get it to make things work better with the remote in YouTubeTV (via Chrome).  It's not terrible right now, but it could be better.  In fact, had YouTube had enough sense to use the 10 foot interface that they had ALREADY developed for YouTube ( http://youtube.com/tv ) then it could be so much better.

Thanks again!
Right now, it's only used for the one function I mentioned... providing a way to launch the KODI LiveTV EPG from the main menu.

I really need to dig in and find out if I can create a favorite that points to the EPG xml file.  No idea if that's even possible.
Just in case anyone stumbles across this thread due to my query related to having the Live TV-Guide (EGP) available from the main screen, I came up with a work-around, so that I didn't have to depend upon an add-on for it.   It required me to create a generic favorite, and then manually modify the favourites.xml file to rename the newly created favorite to "Live TV-Guide", and then change the action to "ActivateWindow(TVGuide)".  I was then able to use that favorite from my Main Menu, and it works perfectly.

I still don't understand why it isn't an option by default, but at least I have a decent work-around now... and I learned something. :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Xfinity TV on Kodi?0