Kodi doesn´t change the sound card
Hallo,

I have two sound cards in my pc, one on board stereo and on PCI surround sound card. But no matter what I choose in the options of Kodi it always uses the on board stereo sound card. In VLC and dragon player the surround sound card works fine. Here is the log file.
https://pastebin.com/K8CUpfjx

thanks
LainOnTheWired
15:41:15.085 T:140180432803584 ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos107.db] SQL error or missing database

I'm not sure about your audio card, but your local video database is somehow corrupted.
Which audio device have you chosen in kodi's audio settings?

Which of those devices that you see in the log is the card you want to use? The pci addresses are clear on the log.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hm I don't recognize that the video database is corrupted the movies and series are working fine. I want to use the CMI8738/CMI8768 PCI Audio (CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device) Analog Surround 5.1 sound card and have chosen it in the options but Kodi still uses the Internes Audio Analog Stereo sound card.
As said in the german kodinerds-board.

Deactivate the on-board card inside the BIOS. Use a package like "pavucontrol" to control the volume of the mic,
OK i have deactivated the on board sound card in the BIOS and now it is working. But the Microphone isn´t working at record devices there is nothing listed. I know it is not a Kodi question but have you on idea how to fix this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi doesn´t change the sound card0