"Sync playback to Display" - with cheap Android Hardware.
(2018-08-03, 18:02)fritsch Wrote: I think you don't have an idea at all. With disabled vsync you render 300 fps or more, cause your hw is not limited ...
 Alright, so you recommend even when the auto refresh rate is working (not sync to playback display) , should be enabled?
In short: Kodi renders in OpenGL, which is only "stopped" by swapBuffers. If this is not vsynced, it will do whatever the hw wants. Syncing to Display is btw. implemented as syncing to "vsync" which should match the repaint of the display. But won't work without vsync obviously.

If you adjust refreshrate ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-08-03, 18:26)fritsch Wrote: In short: Kodi renders in OpenGL, which is only "stopped" by swapBuffers. If this is not vsynced, it will do whatever the hw wants. Syncing to Display is btw. implemented as syncing to "vsync" which should match the repaint of the display. But won't work without vsync obviously.

Okay, but with that disabled and only "Adjust display refresh rate" working, if the screen is at 23.976 Hz and the video file is 23.976 fps, then aren't all the frames synced? That's why I said about v-sync being disabled, it's like G-Sync or Freesync, the FPS are matching the screen refresh rate.
(2018-08-03, 18:33)Samekas Wrote:
(2018-08-03, 18:26)fritsch Wrote: In short: Kodi renders in OpenGL, which is only "stopped" by swapBuffers. If this is not vsynced, it will do whatever the hw wants. Syncing to Display is btw. implemented as syncing to "vsync" which should match the repaint of the display. But won't work without vsync obviously.

Okay, but with that disabled and only "Adjust display refresh rate" working, if the screen is at 23.976 Hz and the video file is 23.976 fps, then aren't all the frames synced? That's why I said about v-sync being disabled, it's like G-Sync or Freesync, the FPS are matching the screen refresh rate. 
 Let me ask you differently: How do you render 300 fps on a 60 hz Display?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-08-03, 18:40)fritsch Wrote:
(2018-08-03, 18:33)Samekas Wrote:

Let me ask you differently: How do you render 300 fps on a 60 hz Display? 
 Where does this "300 fps" comes from?
Let's ask another time: How you you render 123 fps or alternatively 100 fps on a 60 hz screen?
(2018-08-03, 19:58)fritsch Wrote: Let's ask another time: How you you render 123 fps or alternatively 100 fps on a 60 hz screen?
 And again where does that fps come from? I'm talking about 23.976 fps on a 23.976 Hz screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Sync playback to Display" - with cheap Android Hardware.0