Blu-ray menu
Hello,

I've just done some Blu-ray Ripp with clone BD and DVDfab but Kodi does not show the Blu-ray menu and just start to play the movie.
Is this OK? How could I make Kodi play Blu-ray menus?

Thanks for the help!!

Laurent
Yes it is ok. Unless you want the menu for some particular reason.

Why are you using two ripping tools- Clone BD and DVDFab? I don't know much about the first one, but DVDFab is a full ripping suite. It should give you the option to leave or remove menus. You should also consider ripping to a single file... maybe m2ts Passthrough. Maybe that is what you have done, which is why you are not seeing the menu.

As long as the movie plays, it is fine, going by the little information you have provided,
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-08-22, 04:26)Karellen Wrote: Yes it is ok. Unless you want the menu for some particular reason.

Why are you using two ripping tools- Clone BD and DVDFab? I don't know much about the first one, but DVDFab is a full ripping suite. It should give you the option to leave or remove menus. You should also consider ripping to a single file... maybe m2ts Passthrough. Maybe that is what you have done, which is why you are not seeing the menu.

As long as the movie plays, it is fine, going by the little information you have provided,

Hello!
Thanks for the help

I've tried all kind of options to make the moste complete copy a blu-ray even .iso file that should include everything including menus. And it seams to work because I can read those files with PowerDVD and get the menu. But the same files that work with PowerDVD cant be read the same way with Kodi (and soem other media player like MPCHC or on my Popcorn A500). All players tested but power DVD just play the main movie and can reach other video (bonus) btu without menu.
Ok, you actually want the menus. Your first post read a bit differently.

I recall there was an issue with bluray menus and v17.x . I can't seem to locate that thread now. (I didn't take much notice to be honest). But, if I recall correctly, a fix was put in place either in v17.4 or v18.

v17.4 has been officially released today, so why not install that and see if that fixes the issue. Hopefully another member might be able to locate that thread or confirm my advice.

---Edit---
Came across the thread... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316378
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Just so you have all the available information before you go down that track of iso's

Kodi can handle Extras. There is an add-on for that which is very simple to use... http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras

Ripping the movie to single file will reduce the disk space you consume for each movie, and will future proof your setup.

But if you like having two sets of menu's (Kodi then Bluray) then ignore the above.
My Signature
(2017-08-22, 04:07)cernunos Wrote: Hello,

I've just done some Blu-ray Ripp with clone BD and DVDfab but Kodi does not show the Blu-ray menu and just start to play the movie.
Is this OK? How could I make Kodi play Blu-ray menus?

Thanks for the help!!

Laurent
Just to check, have you changed the setting in Kodi from play main movie to show blu-ray menu? your post does not mention that
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
Nothing is more future proof than keeping the. iso files...
(2017-08-23, 02:55)Karellen Wrote: Ok, you actually want the menus. Your first post read a bit differently.

I recall there was an issue with bluray menus and v17.x . I can't seem to locate that thread now. (I didn't take much notice to be honest). But, if I recall correctly, a fix was put in place either in v17.4 or v18.

v17.4 has been officially released today, so why not install that and see if that fixes the issue. Hopefully another member might be able to locate that thread or confirm my advice.

---Edit---
Came across the thread... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316378

Thanks for the info!
I just try Kodi 17.4 but nothing's changed, still cant have the blu-ray menu.
I'll wait for Kodi 18 and in the meantime I will try to use powerDVD via Kodi, I saw a thread that seams to indicate that could work.

Thanks again for the help!
You can try v18 and run in portable mode so you can have both
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Then in v18 bluray menu will work?
(2017-08-24, 20:25)moravec Wrote: Then in v18 bluray menu will work?

It only works on some blurays. Fairly hit or miss. Also make sure you have java installed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu-ray menu0