Running TVHeadend on Raspberry Pi with HDHomeruns
It's precisely what I do. I have TVH running on an OpenMediaVault image on a Pi2, with a 2TB WD hard drive connected to it for storing recordings (which then get converted from .ts to .mp4 files and moved onto my NAS, at least the ones I want to keep). All fed from an HDHomeRun Connect on the network. There's also a cron job set up to grab EPG data which TVH then reads in.

For my needs it works fine, although it took a little while to find a version of TVH that was built with the necessary modules to see my HDHR - the first couple I tried didn't pick it up.

The OMV underlying image was just for convenience, I guess you could do it on Raspbian or another distro if you so desire. The Pi2 also runs as a Plex server and the folder where the recordings end up is available on my network via NFS and SMB as well.

The only thing I don't do on the Pi is the conversion plus comskip, which is done on a PC as I don't think the Pi would be up to that task so well. But those are of course optional bits anyway.

Personally I prefer the TVH PVR for Kodi to the HDHomerun one, but you can go either way as your personal tastes dictate.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Messages In This Thread
RE: Running TVHeadend on Raspberry Pi with HDHomeruns - by DarrenHill - 2017-08-22, 13:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Running TVHeadend on Raspberry Pi with HDHomeruns0