Kodi 17.4 Contaminated
The installation package for Kodi 17.4 look to have been contaminated.

I have the following infection found by Kaspersky :

Kodi-17.4-Krypton-x86.exe//ssd_wv.dll

Trojan-Banker.Win32.Corebot.ff detected
Most likely a false positive for Kaspersky, as far as we can determine.
No other antivirus programs has screamed hell & damnation yet.
Isn't Kaspersky the checker that includes a Ruskie back door?
Scan the file with this... https://www.virustotal.com/en/

Let us know the results
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yesterday, the detection rate for ssd_wv.dll was lower than today.

Virustotal.com Scan for ssd_wv.dll
Screenshot of virustotal.com for scanning ssd_wv.dll
(2017-08-22, 23:57)Karellen Wrote: Scan the file with this... https://www.virustotal.com/en/

Let us know the results

Here is the result obtained from virustotal

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/65f63.../analysis/

Aegislab, Kaspersky, Rising and ZoleAlarm by Check Point found it to have a Banker Trojan in it.

Maybe a false positive, but, so far Kaspersky removed it and Kodi still work as I'm not using any live tv.
This is quite disconcerting. Any update from the devs?
It's a false positive, unless of course you believe the Kodi developers have put a trojan into the software? It gets asked every time a new release comes out, do a search of the forums & you will see it's always the same. Kaspersky or whoever need to update their definitions, you can either disable the av & install Kodi, or wait.

Here's another 'contaminated' file from a few months back - Kodi 17.1, maybe that's got a trojan in there as well https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2554571
Not disconcerting at all.
Some flavour scanners are just way too jumpy.

For instance, the packaging method alone triggers some (imo) inferior products like kaspersky.
I do not recommend using kaspersky anyway with what we know now.
Most AV software isn't worth using. I've found more issues over the years due to 3rd party security software trying to be cleaver than any issues they actually ever prevented

Stick to the built in AV on Windows, don't install lots of crap and keep your machine up to date. You should have an easy life.
Yep, built in Windows Defender is actually really good. Most people don't need anything else, besides a good Malware remover/protector.
"It's a false positive, unless of course you believe the Kodi developers have put a trojan into the software?"

Well no, but somewhere on the line somebody might have hacked somebody and shit happens u know...even if not so likely...

Kodi keeps crashing when I exit, so somebody has messed up :p Wink
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
(2017-08-24, 20:59)Blackkatt Wrote: Kodi keeps crashing when I exit, so somebody has messed up :p Wink
Kodi doesn't crash when I exit, so that somebody must be you :p If you post a log file we can see which addon is causing it to hang, it's not a function of a vanilla Kodi install.
(2017-08-24, 22:05)FXB78 Wrote:
(2017-08-24, 20:59)Blackkatt Wrote: Kodi keeps crashing when I exit, so somebody has messed up :p Wink
Kodi doesn't crash when I exit, so that somebody must be you :p If you post a log file we can see which addon is causing it to hang, it's not a function of a vanilla Kodi install.

Already know the issue, it wasen't me, but spanx anyways Big Grin

It's an issue wth Skin Helper Service I'm told. And Kodi doesen't actually crash, It just has to wait for SHS so exist witch is doesn't so Kodi kills this poppy Nod
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
Thread closed as now off topic and original question answered.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.4 Contaminated1