Allow Users to Add Live Streams from Addons as "Live TV" Channels
I'm a huge fan of Kodi's "Live TV" section. I use tvheadend connected to a tuner device and antenna to get all our local TV stations playing through Kodi's Live TV area.

One thing that I've always wished for, however, is the ability to take all of the addons that contain live streams (Charge! TV Live, Comet TV Live, ESPN 3, NASA, Pluto TV, PS Vue, USTV Now, World News Live, etc.) and make bookmarks to either the live stream itself, or the directory level that contains live streams (for addons like ESPN 3 that have a constantly changing list of streams) into Live TV channels. This would allow me to access all my favorite Live TV, whether from my antenna or from an addon, directly from my Live TV section in Kodi. It might even be useful to some to be able to add a favorite non-live file or addon video link as a channel in order to play that whenever they want. I know I can use something like PseudoTV or other addons to get something similar, but that's too hackish for my taste, isn't as easily accessible, and making use of the existing Live TV section in Kodi makes so much more sense to me, and would be more convenient.

You could possibly implement this feature this way:

1. When browsing any addon, right-clicking on a link or a directory brings up a menu, as usual. However, in that menu is an "Add to Live TV" option.
2. Clicking on this brings up a setup dialog. In this dialog, you can change/edit the name of the link, give it a channel number (any duplication of an existing channel number would warn you), change/edit its icon, and optionally choose either guide data from an XMLTV file or just a static description to place in the guide.
3. Right-clicking on a channel that was created this way can edit or delete the link.

I personally hate having to dig through addons to find live streams to watch, and really want the convenience of having the option of putting all my live TV in Kodi's designated Live TV area.
Maybe TV Guide Fullscreen would work for you https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=282157
I'm digging it up from the depths of the forum because this is exactly what I've been looking for. @mikefreeman, have you managed to find any solution that would be satisfying for you?
PseudoTV Live, check signature below.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2018-02-09, 00:48)Joanka Wrote: I'm digging it up from the depths of the forum because this is exactly what I've been looking for. @mikefreeman, have you managed to find any solution that would be satisfying for you?
 Not really, no. I've pretty much given up on the idea for now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allow Users to Add Live Streams from Addons as "Live TV" Channels0