[Kodi 17.4][BUG] Video freeze on PVR / m3u8 links
Hi,

There problem also was with 17.3 but wasn't in 16.1.

Every time when I'm choosing a channel in the Live TV, the picture in the video is freeze for few seconds and then run ok (The sound is ok and start immediately).
It also happens when I'm going to do something else in my PC, while the Live TV is still in the background, and when I return to the Kodi window, the image is freezing for few seconds and then the video is back (The sound is ok and there is no problem with that)

Anybody has the same issue? Is it a known bug/issue?

UPDATE: SEE MY COMMENT HERE:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2671186

Kodi 17.4
Skin: Titan
Windows: 10, 64bit

Thanks.
Debug log (wiki)
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2017-08-22, 22:12)burekas Wrote: Hi,

There problem also was with 17.3 but wasn't in 16.1.

Every time when I'm choosing a channel in the Live TV, the picture in the video is freeze for few seconds and then run ok (The sound is ok and start immediately).
It also happens when I'm going to do something else in my PC, while the Live TV is still in the background, and when I return to the Kodi window, the image is freezing for few seconds and then the video is back (The sound is ok and there is no problem with that)

Anybody has the same issue? Is it a known bug/issue?

Kodi 17.4

Thanks.
Hello I am having the same problem running a KODI 17.4 on android box MINIX NEO U9-H. NextPVR as backend running on Windows 10. All recordings from PVR freeze for 5-10 seconds - audio plays then video starts. Its most annoying, didn't have this with KODI 16
(2017-10-12, 22:33)Jeffmf21 Wrote: Hello I am having the same problem running a KODI 17.4 on android box MINIX NEO U9-H. NextPVR as backend running on Windows 10. All recordings from PVR freeze for 5-10 seconds - audio plays then video starts. Its most annoying, didn't have this with KODI 16
Just a thought seeing as it has occurred after the upgrade.

Go to System>settings>Add-ons>My add-ons>VideoPlayer InputStream and then make sure both InputStream Adaptive and RTMP Input are enabled.

By default these two are disabled in Krypton.
I would be interested to learn whether my suggestion was of any use.
Nope it didnt help.
I have the same issue here on windows 10 1703, Kodi 18 Leia nightly and Vu+ pvr addon.
My channels plays both audi and picture for a second then stops and after like 5-6seconds they resume just fine.
(2017-10-17, 18:08)sanity Wrote: Nope it didnt help.
Does this happen with the default skin Estuary?
(2017-10-13, 15:57)JNRW Wrote: Just a thought seeing as it has occurred after the upgrade.

Go to System>settings>Add-ons>My add-ons>VideoPlayer InputStream and then make sure both InputStream Adaptive and RTMP Input are enabled.

Thanks for the suggestion, both were disabled and I have enabled them now. It does seem to be responding much better now.
(2017-10-18, 22:36)Jeffmf21 Wrote:
(2017-10-13, 15:57)JNRW Wrote: Just a thought seeing as it has occurred after the upgrade.

Thanks for the suggestion, both were disabled and I have enabled them now. It does seem to be responding much better now.
I am delighted and thank you for the feedback, which is so important in making the forum useful.
(2017-10-17, 15:03)JNRW Wrote: I would be interested to learn whether my suggestion was of any use.

(2017-10-17, 19:35)PatK Wrote:
(2017-10-17, 18:08)sanity Wrote: Nope it didnt help.
Does this happen with the default skin Estuary?

It doesn't matter what skin I try. Sometimes it plays fine but most times it the same issue as described before.
I have a new information about the scenario when the video freeze occurs:
  • I have noticed that when I'm minimizing the Kodi window and then maximizing it, the freezing phenomenon occurs.
    (Note: The freeze is continue even longer when after the minimizing, I'm go to another window and then back again to Kodi through the task bar).
  • But, when I go to another window in the task bar without minimizing the Kodi window, and then back to Kodi, the freezing doesn't happen.

Again, this happens especially with the Live-TV channels / m3u8 urls .

===

Kodi 17.4

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 17.4][BUG] Video freeze on PVR / m3u8 links0