Win Plex on Kodi - Geforce 10 hw decode hevc and passthrough DTS-HD/Atmos?
Is it possible to keep my Plex as a media server, and have Kodi hardware decode HEVC media and pass through (or even decode DTS HD/MA, Dolby Atmos to LPCM) to my receiver?

Media Server: Plex Media Server
Video: via HDMI 2.0 - HEVC HDR10/, HGL, Dolby Vision
Audio: DTS-MA/HD/X, Dolby Atmos

CPU: Sandy Bridge i7 [email protected]
GPU: Geforce 1080ti

Hoping to be able to play the newest formats HEVC HDR with Dolby Atmos/DTS X to my receiver using my computer.

Thanks!
Kodi doesn't decode HDR yet. I use an external player to achieve this. See link in my sig.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Interesting - outside of HDR, would Kodi with Plex addon be able to decode HEVC and pass through DTS HD, Atmos, etc?

Ill take a look at your guides - thanks!
Kodi does play HEVC, DTS:HD, Atmos, DTS:X etc. Whether or not your Plex server feeds Kodi those things properly I don't know, especially if it's transcoded? I don't use Plex Server or the add-on.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Maybe it would be better to just point Kodi to my network shares directly and bypass Plex...never used Kodi before, im sure it gets all the cool artifacts for movies like Plex does
(2017-08-23, 21:35)q2klepto Wrote: Maybe it would be better to just point Kodi to my network shares directly and bypass Plex...never used Kodi before, im sure it gets all the cool artifacts for movies like Plex does

Look into the official plex add-on in the kodi repo.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plex on Kodi - Geforce 10 hw decode hevc and passthrough DTS-HD/Atmos?0