v17 Scan to library not work correctly
Kodi 17,4 clean installation. No addon. No database. Portable mode.

I add a new video source

The folder contain only 2 folder with 2 film.
1) 300 in BR folder structure + nfo file
2) 300 - L'alba di un impero in mkv format. + nfo file

I say yes to add information to database

300 is scraped fine

the other (mkv format) no

Files structure:

mkv files are ignored with nfo information

Log

Thanks for your attention
Yea it looks like after the first nfo file it does not look further, have you tried unticking the contains only one movie to see if it does any difference.
Thank You
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
Quote:No addon. No database. Portable mode.
There is always a database. Where do you think all the metadata is being stored? Smile
Also, scrapers are not always perfect with foreing titles. Try scraping via a manual refresh.
@Pico1965

Please stop PM'ing me every time you make a post. I will see your post. I do not need constant reminding.

I can't seem to locate where you have attempted to scrape the movie "300 - L'alba di un impero (2014)" If that is in your log, can you point me to it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-08-23, 21:06)Klojum Wrote:
Quote:No addon. No database. Portable mode.
There is always a database. Where do you think all the metadata is being stored? Smile
Also, scrapers are not always perfect with foreing titles. Try scraping via a manual refresh.

I think he means there wasn't an existing database in his userdata when he installed.

The folder containing the mkv seems to have been ignored during the scan. Not sure why. Typically you see logged "skipping folder 'nnn' due to no change"

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2017-08-23, 22:11)Karellen Wrote: Please stop PM'ing me every time you make a post. I will see your post. I do not need constant reminding.

Sorry.
I just wanted to apologize for what happened...

(2017-08-23, 22:11)Karellen Wrote: I can't seem to locate where you have attempted to scrape the movie "300 - L'alba di un impero (2014)" If that is in your log, can you point me to it.

There is not.
One scan but only the film in folder mode was scraped. The other was ignored (see the folder logo in the picture)

Another test.

Delete portable_data folder.
restart kodi
Log enebled
close kodi
restar kodi
Same operations as before

mkv film have english title (open grave)

Same result.
Mkv film is ignored (see different icons between title)

scott967 Wrote:The folder containing the mkv seems to have been ignored during the scan.

Is a bug?

Log
I think you have your Source incorrectly set.

What is the source you have set in Kodi where these movies are located?

---Edit---
Also having trouble understanding how you have your movie located here... V:\BLURAY_DISCO_10\300 {2006}\BDMV\index.nfo
But your artwork for the movie is located here... W:\CARTELLA CONDIVISA CON KODI\Fanarts\Original\300.jpg' to '9/9f4cb302.jpg'
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-08-23, 23:25)Karellen Wrote: I think you have your Source incorrectly set.

What is the source you have set in Kodi where these movies are located?

V:\BLURAY_DISCO_10\

[quote='Karellen' pid='2636379' dateline='1503523508']
Also having trouble understanding how you have your movie located here... V:\BLURAY_DISCO_10\300 {2006}\BDMV\index.nfo
But your artwork for the movie is located here... W:\CARTELLA CONDIVISA CON KODI\Fanarts\Original\300.jpg'

yes.. working fine.
All fanart, thumbnail ant trailers are stored in W....
Films in many many local HD via doking USB and picture in little NAS

Can you replicate the problem?
Ok, if that is your source, then that is right, but the log shows it trying to scan BLURAY_DISCO_10\ into the library, making me think you had V:\ as your source.

Honestly, I am at a loss. Your log shows things I have not seen before. Maybe others can help out.
My Signature
I tried naming a random mkv file to 300 - L'alba di un impero (2014) then making a folder with the same name dropping the whole lot into my Source then scanned for new content AND THEN right clicking the MKV folder and click SCAN TO LIBRARY

Worked like a charm fanart showed up as it should in English though but it worked so try to rem the nfo file from the folder then launch Kodi goto the mkv movie folder and right click and select scan to library, see if that will scrape it right.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Banned add-ons
Have you looked at this wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files updated for 17 but if you click the links it says updated for 15 but i guess it works with 17.
and i am out of ideas now so good luck
Thank you
Banned add-ons
Thanks for your attention

(2017-08-24, 01:02)kimkl Wrote: I tried naming a random mkv file to 300 - L'alba di un impero (2014) then making a folder with the same name dropping the whole lot into my Source then scanned for new content AND THEN right clicking the MKV folder and click SCAN TO LIBRARY

And this is right?

Folder BR scan automatlically and mkv no?

If I add 100 movies to database I make 100 volte this operation?
I think @kimkl was just providing another method to scrape the movie as a test. Maybe you could try it? Find the movie, call up the context menu and select Information. It should start an automatic scrape for just that movie. But carrying out that method 100 times is not right.

In your post #1, the last image showing the files. Could you post that again but this time not showing icons, showing the Details view and, very importantly, showing File Extensions. You might have to enable that in Settings. And showing ALL the files in the directory.
My Signature
First I want to thank you for your interest in my problem

I have noticed the problem that I'm reporting why I started now using mkv files

My movie collection so far has been in BR format and everything has always gone for the best.
The workaround proposed by @kimkl had already discovered and allowed me to float in keeping my collection.
I was hoping that the problem was already known or that some other more qualified user of me would report it.
Now I need to make important changes to the database and I need a definitive solution to the problem before starting.

My library is a mix of Blu-ray and DVD formats and single file like mkv and mt2s. I have no problems.

The last thought is to have a look at your nfo file. Can you copy your nfo file to a pastebin and provide the link here.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scan to library not work correctly0