Fetching metadata dynamically
How do I fetch metadata dynamically ? Currently I have access to private repository from which I can access movies/tv shows. while browsing all I see is the movie name.
If I want to add metadata etc. to it how do I do it ? or While watching, is there a way to fetch info when I click on info ? .

Note: I have readonly access to the folder structure so adding thumbnails is ruled out.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removing_videos
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks Karellen for quick reply.

But how do I set content ? I have an addon called myTV, up on clicking this, it gives me access to a server link which has a folder structure containing movies etc.

myTV is password protected and I am not sure how myTV access that server (uses SMB or ftp I don't know this).
I am not familiar with myTV. Can you provide the link to the add-on so I can see how it works.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Its a private repository, I can provide screen shots.

To pull subtitles , we click on subtitles then download right ? Similarly can we pull plot info ( on demand ) ?
full disclosure if you would like support here. Which repo? Link
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fetching metadata dynamically0