Bug Crash on Kodi 18 nightly with conditional variable
I display a label on videos window based on the media container focuseditem. The label is a variable. When I add the following to the variable:
Code:
<value condition="![Control.IsVisible(608) | Control.IsVisible(65)] + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,musicvideo) + Window.IsVisible(videos) + String.StartsWith(ListItem.Label,ListItem.Artist)">$INFO[ListItem.Title] - $INFO[ListItem.Album]</value>

Kodi crashes (Exception caught in main loop / Kodi has stopped working) when I focus on one of the listitems in the container.
Kodi Win32 18 0820 nightly. Kodi debug log logs an error when it crashes:
Code:
ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()

From some testing it seems like the specific problem is the boolean
Code:
String.StartsWith(ListItem.Label,ListItem.Artist)

My full log https://pastebin.com/ffzET9gL

Is that not permitted?

scott s.
Just out of curiosity does the same thing happen if you use String.IsEqual?
String.IsEqual works (no crash) but of course of no use here. String.StartsWith, String.EndsWith, and String.Contains all trigger the crash. I guess only the first argument can be an infolabel.

scott s.
I only have a single music video for testing but for me the ListItem.Label is the same as ListItem.Title which is the song name.

You want to display "$INFO[ListItem.Title] - $INFO[ListItem.Album]" only when the Label StartsWith the Artist?

I'm not sure if that is a normal thing to happen when you scrape music videos but if there is a pattern then maybe you can use Contains with whatever separator is used like "-" if for example that is used to mark the end of artist name and start of whatever comes after.

Wiki looks like it says only String.IsEqual works when checking $INFOlabel to $INFOlabel.
What I display currently is a two-line labels:
$INFO[ListItem.label]
$INFO[ListItem.artist]

that mostly gives what I want. But the content of ListItem.label for musicvideo depends on the sorting used.:

sort by:

name or year; Title
artist or track; Aritst - Title
album; Album - Title

So my thought was to avoid the redundant display of Artist in both lines when sort is artist or track. I don't see any way to get the sort method so I hoped to test the Listitem.label itself to see if it was showing airtist - title. I could forgo using ListItem.label at all, but it is convenient to have the "Artist - Title" and "Album - Title" options based on the sort.

scott s.
Ah, I see.

You should be able to use the following for variable condition:
Code:
String.IsEqual(Container.SortMethod,$LOCALIZE[557])
557 is for artists.

Edit: 554 should be track sort.
Thanks. Works perfectly.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash on Kodi 18 nightly with conditional variable0