Req Motion Interpolation For Kodi
Video 
Kodi Team,
As all you know playing 30fps videos are always easy on Kodi but I would like to have a feature that plays
30fps videos to 60fps like many brand use this feature like Sony Or PC Software Like Splash Pro Ex.
Those features are rare and of it's expensive but as I know you guys can do anything with software
I wanna know is that possible ?? I use PI-3 I definitely like to have this feature on Kodi ...
Why?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
This is a sane request and I have this on my list for 2017. That means I will implement it on the reference platform for videoplayer which is Linux OpenGL platforms. Not sure if/when other platforms will follow.
Did this get implemented?
not for all platforms yet. For GLES based platforms this PR still needs to be merged https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12806 . I spoke to the author and he said he wanted to look at it again, so have a little more patience (and please don't spam the pull request)
Just curious, but is this not a feature already on just about all flatscreen TVs?
I would say all new but they do not do it very well unfortunatelly due to cpu-constraints. But there are more ways than tv to watch media you have ipads, projectors, phones, computer monitors and so on. Further on I would say most people do not have the newest gen TVs and go back a few years and only the higher end modells did it usefully if at all.
Yes, TVs tend to have all kind of picture "enhancements" these days. It's the first thing I turn off in order to get a decent picture Wink

I had a little chat with our devs, and it's been pointed out that frame blending/interpolation might not work for all platforms, especially bypass renderers, where Kodi doesn't see/get the decoded frames (so probably RPI and Android surface rendering). But we'll see.
Hallo, how is it possible that motion interpolation (smooth motion) option on my Sony TV (android) work on some addons and on some not. When I watch standard TV programs over TV addons its works, but when I watch movies (HD), its looks like its turned off. Is there anything in Kodi settings that I can adjust to fix this. I tried everything and no luck.

thank you.
@mito147 which addons are you referring to?

Please not that we don´t give any support to piracy add-ons which are listed here: Banned_Add-ons (wiki)
mito147, you need to go to video options and stretch the video to 16:9 because the tv will run smooth motion only in that aspect ratio otherwise it is disabled
So, how do i test this? Build from git, use 18 alpha/beta or something else?

Edit: on a linux machine (N3150) or a raspberry
I had a look on Github and saw it referenced as SmoothMotion. Does it uses the same approach as madVR? I'd very much like that, as it means no "artificial soap opera" look for content using it.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I think that you guys are confusing things. Smooth Motion is "just" frame blending. OP asked for motion interpolation, which is something different.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Motion Interpolation For Kodi0