Random Fanart Backgrounds no longer working
Hello all

I've been using Black Glass Nova as a Skin for quite some time know, initially via OpenELEC and more recently via LibreELEC. In all that time, I've upgraded the system rather than a complete re-install from scratch

Following the last update to LibreELEC 8.x, the random fanart background I had set stopped working. I now only get black backgrounds rather than the fanart (fanart appears correctly when I browse to an actual movie)

I assumed that it could be due to a number of reasons, yesterday I completely trashed my system and reinstalled LibreELEC from scratch. After configuring and installing Black Glass Nova, again my random fanart backgrounds do not work and just show black.

The fanart stopped working after my first upgrade to LibreELEC 8 series (Kodi Krypton). The skin works fine on LibreELEC installed at my parents house. The only real difference between the two setups I can find is that I run a MySQL shared database with movie/tv show content served via Samba, whereas my parents run a dedicated system with the standard DB and locally stored content.

Is there anybody who can help me diagnose where/why my fanart does not display

Thanks

Jason
You can use the latest version on Github or you need to downgrade the script.skin.helper.service addon.

Tgx
Hmm

The script.skin.helper.service addon was never installed when I installed the BGN skin

When I went to install it, it is at v1.1.3. Is this "too high" a version number?

If so, how do I go about downgrading the addon? I am reasonably proficient at the CLI and Linux admin but I must confess that my Kodi setups are typically managed via the GUI

Jason
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/sc...r.service/

1.1.3 is the current version. You need 1.0.100.

Remove the dir "script.skin.helper.service" from the addons folder and replace it with the unzipped old version.

Tgx
You also need to block kodi from getting updates.

I think it's better though to use the skin version from github: https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.blackglassnova

Tgx
If I upgrade the skin, then I have two questions

1) How do I set it up via github?

2) When a new version/update gets pushed to the Kodi repositories, how will the auto-update happen?

Thanks
1. Please read the skin wiki for the install process.
2. You have to manually update the skin through github until the new official version.

Tgx
Thanks, especially for the prompt responses

Pushed it through, now my random fanart works again :-)

How do I switch back to normal releases when the Kodi repository "catches up"?

Jason
Kodi should update the skin automatically once the new official version is available
Thank you again, all is now good :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Fanart Backgrounds no longer working0