192.168.49.1. Bad IP
I have the same problem and it really messes up the configuration. In my opinion, if this 192.168.49.1 IP address is reserved for something else, then why is kodi using it?

For example: it is not only showing this ip address in the system-info screen. it is also using it for remote-commands and (as read in other threads) for announcing services on that ip. So, as suggested in this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=288755, the ip address should be skipped. I am using kodi 17.5 of 17/10/25 but it is not fixed. I will ask in that thread when and how this is going to be fixed.

The user cannot ignore that ip address. It might be a problem of the firetv stick but it breaks a lot of network integration functions and can easily be fixed on kodi side.
I also had this problem with official Kodi remote not connecting to iPhone. 

Finally went to my provider's website (AT&T) and clicked the link there called "Manage Your Home Network" under AT&T SMART HOME MANAGER section.  Then Expanded the Details for the Amazon Firestick and found an IP address.  Entered that in the Kodi Server Info screen.

Kodi Remote now works on my iPhone (7 plus, if that matters).  And I just noticed that I had left the MAC Address on the Kodi remote what the Kodi System info showed and it is WAY off from what my ISP shows for my AT&T device details, yet the remote still works.
Same problem here.  I tried your suggestion of getting the fire tv stick ip address from my router information.  Got the address and input it into my remote (Yatse) but
still couldn't make the connection to Kodi.  Thanks anyway.
On the firestick itself (not from within Kodi) go to settings > device > about > network.

What IP address is shown there?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Actually problem is not related to kodi but its a big problem with some firesticks.My firestick also shows 2 ip addresses one is wlan 192.168.××.×× but the other is wifi p2p 192.168.49.1 which is unknown and not even fit in my ip format range given to the router.Some people said this is the ip of wifi direct.But i can't understand,why it came again and again even after factory reset my fire stick and router.somebody plz.help as I'm new here in this community And this problem Sucks me.I AM WORRIED AS IF SOME STRANGER MIGHT NOT USING MY NETWORK THROUGH FIRE STICK HOTSPOT.PLEASE HELP ME OUT.
If you mean the address I think you do, it's the network use by the firestick remote to connect to the stick.

They have a random password from what I've read, which I've not found any evidence of cracking on the internet to make it a security risk. It is also of low strength and short range.

But if you're worried, the only solution is to not use the stick and turn it off.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
192.168.49.1. Bad IP0