H96 Pro KODI Dongle Android
I just purchased H96 Pro KODI 17.3 4K TV Dongle Android, was using last night with a lenovo mini usb keyboard and a mouse.

I was able to it shutdown from android UI, but i dont think its possible with a keyboard.

What is the best remote/keyboard to be able to turn on an d off the device?

Thank you.
Kodi wiki is a huge knowledge source done by a great team
Please try to search in the link below
Kodi keyboard shortcuts
Thank you. Will def use it. But do not see anything related to power of the Android. This is for Kodi app only. I was asking if there is a way to power cycle the device itself?
This is a Kodi forum, not a general android one.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello,
I have tried everything for the last 2 weeks to get this h96 Pro dongle to work, which has Kodi on it. The instructions are horrible. I've written to customer service literally 20 times and all they keep offering is a refund. What I'm trying to find out, is if it has to be a smart TV, do you have to have a TV box with the dongle, and what mouse exactly is compatible with this product? I have an R-II Minnie Mouse and keyboard. I just don't understand literally the entire process! And I've been working with Fire Sticks and Kodi for 2 years now. But this h96 Pro is ridiculous! I have scoured the internet and all the forms you could possibly imagine and there is literally no instructions that give a complete description.
Does anyone, and I'm begging literally, anyone who knows how to hook things up and like I said, does it have to be a smart TV it's plugged into? Isn't the whole point of having a stick is to make your TV a smart TV? The TV in my bedroom is a smart TV and I still could not get it to work. And I'm thinking it has something to do with the keyboard not being compatible. Even though the back of my keyboard has a little compartment with a tiny USB dongle that I've tried putting in the end of the h96 since it has two USB ports. I know that's where it goes, at least in the videos. But I was reading someone was using a Lenovo mini u.s. keyboard and that was working. If I need to have a box I really don't want this thing. But please please please can somebody answer meHuh I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong place, it's the closest I could get to what I was looking for. And then once I post something I can't find it. I'm probably older than most people here, but I really want to use this thing. Please help. I don't know if it's allowed, but I'm going to put up my email address in hopes someone will answer me. Because if it's on a thread here I might not understand how to find it. Because all forums are different. Thank you so much!
I deleted your email address as the forum is for people to help you IN the forum, so others can learn.

You do not need a smart tv, it should work like any other android tv box, you plug it in to a HDMI port on your TV, switch the TV to that HDMI port (this may happen automatically), and power up the stick. It should automatically read the refresh rate and resolution of your TV and boot into android.

As far as control is concerned, I suggest that if it has USB ports you start with wired keyboard and mouse to eliminate driver problems with wireless keyboards and mice. Also the remote supplied with it should just work for navigating android.

I don't know if that helps, but your post is a little vague - "doesn't work" covers a multitude of things. It is like posting "my car doesn't work" - that could mean 1001 things - flat battery, out of petrol, it blew up, the cat ate the fuel pipe, the dog ate the engine - no one knows without a better description.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
That AMLogic S912 H96 Pro has pretty poor connectivity. 2.4GHz only WiFi and no Ethernet port. You need a USB > Ethernet adapter to even use it properly for streaming or expect 2.4GHz WiFi interference. Not sure why anybody would buy such a device.

I've even read about H96 Pro devices failing due to overheating and the cause of that is inadequate thermal management in a stick form factor. The AML S912 is packing a LOT of processing Cores on the SoC, it needs proper cooling management.

If you need Kodi only Flash LibreELEC Kodi Krypton to a microSDHC card and use that. WiFi may or may not work with LibreELEC depending if Linux WiFi drivers are available.
You will have a far superior Kodi Krypton setup if it works. For LE - A Wireless Air Mouse remote with a Mini Keyboard, and it's USB Wireless receiver dongle - like the MINIX A2 lite would work with that combo. Or even a $10 aftermarket Xiaomi Mi Box Bluetooth remote.

AMLogic S912 - LibreELEC Instructions HERE (click)

All AMLogic S912 LibreELEC support belongs in the above thread as well. Suggestion is to ask questions over there.

We cannot help with Android Firmware. Seek DIY help on the Freaktab website (click).

When I plug it in it pops up with no problem. It's on the screen. I've read a couple things about certain mini keyboards aren't compatible. When the screen pops up, in the corner on the top Bluetooth is turned on, so I turn Bluetooth on my phone. Then when I try to use my keyboard pad, I look over at my phone and there's a mouse pointer moving all over the screen. That's what I'm confused about, what keyboard is compatible with this device. Apparently it has to be a keyboard that's called an Air keyboard? It might need a USB, I don't know what it's called, but it's a tiny USB plug you take out of the keyboard and apparently plug into the end of the device. So my basic problem is trying to find a mini keyboard and mouse that actually is compatible with this h96 Pro. You can check it out on YouTube, but it never explains quite exactly what people need. And I've written over 23 emails to this company and they don't send the answers that have anything to do with it back. And there's no forum for it. I just don't know where else to turn. I appreciate you answering. Believe it or not I'm an IT network engineer with an associates in computer science, and even I can't figure this damn thing out! LOL. Help
PS. Yes, I turned off the Bluetooth on my phone. And supposedly my Mini keyboard is actually paired. Supposedly. But I can't get the keypad to work. I know how to plug it in and where it goes and how it works but I just need a compatible keyboard I'm sure. But I'm on Social Security and I can't keep buying things and not returning them
Android Kodi yes we can help in the appropriate Kodi sub-forum.

We cannot help with your general dirt cheap unsupported Android device problems. This is a Kodi support forum.
Seek specific Android support on the seller or manufacturers own forums for general Android device help.

I strongly suggest you go to the Freaktab Forum for Android device and Android Firmware help. Kodi cannot help with Android Firmware either.

Yes @wrxtasy, you are probably right, no one would buy this as a first choice for Kodi if they enquired first. But he hasn't, so I will keep the thread alive for a while longer.

@cmoholt62 I am not sure what hardware you are connecting, but have you tried my suggestion of using a wired keyboard or mouse? Did the device come with a remote?

Once you have a keyboard working, you should be able to use the arrow keys to navigate around, but android is quite hard to use without a pointer, so a mouse might be better.

Other points: if the keyboard you have has a USB dongle, it probably communicates via some radio protocol, and possibly needs a driver on the android device in order to work. Does it claim to be usable on android?

A bluetooth keyboard/mouse should just work once it is paired.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-11-09, 05:14)wrxtasy Wrote: Android Kodi yes we can help in the appropriate Kodi sub-forum.

We cannot help with your general dirt cheap unsupported Android device problems. This is a Kodi support forum.
Seek specific Android support on the seller or manufacturers own forums for general Android device help.

I strongly suggest you go to the Freaktab Forum for Android device and Android Firmware help. Kodi cannot help with Android Firmware either.

Wrxtasy, Cody, you're forum, and your ass all suck. It's not a cheap piece of shit just because you haven't heard of it it's 4 times faster than your pieces of shit. Did I say you were a piece of shit? Cuz you're a piece of shit. Fuck off and die[/quote]
bye
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Wow that escalated quickly, seemed a nice guy until post 12.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
H96 Pro KODI Dongle Android0