2.9.4 Question / Bug?
I had a couple of movies to add today and upgraded to the latest version. I changed no options for scraping, naming, artwork, etc.

On the first movie I did, none of the extrafanart downloaded or actors? The NFO file got created by movie name (as opposed to just movie.nfo)? and the basic artwork, such as poster, named the file by moviename.jpg (as opposed to just poster.jpg)....

What am I missing?
I have a issue where Short Circuit 2 even tho I do not ask it to creates <moviename>-poster.jpg instead of poster.jpg like I want. I go to do another random movie and it works fine. I don't get it on certain movies won't do it.

I get

I want this again after I updated to latest ver of TMM
Same here... it appears to happen randomly. I'm sure there is a reason, just have figured out it out yet? But it certainly is an issue....
hmm... can you print out the complete directory, where the movie is in?
The filename-type.png usually comes from directories, where more than one movies are in!
(OR, where more movies are in subfolders of that one!)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
I added 'Dunkirk' a week ago and all artwork got added. For example, you can see that poster.jpg got added. I just re-scraped and you can see all the new artwork and new NFO that get created.

Haven't tried that, but it seems, the theme.mp4 could be the culprit.
This is an (yet) unknown type of file.

Now TMM sees 2 videos in this folder - a dunkirk.disc and a theme.mp4 which renders this as MultiMovieDirectory, where special namings apply....
(You probably would have get a new "theme" named movie in your listing, after updating your datasources)

Which skin utilizes such theme videos?
Never seen / used so far...
I removed all the new artwork that got created and moved both theme.mp4 and theme.m4a to a new folder. Re-scraped with the same result. I have other movies with the theme files in the same folder that work fine. If I re-scrape them, works as expected.... no new files, such as <moviename>-poster.jpg

Seems to be movies I added recently and new ones that have this issue.

I use the theme.mp4 for my own use... not part of any add-on.
Ok, but this IS the problem.
We only decide on import, what kind of movie this is. (it usually doesn't change)
One in a directory on its own, or one beside other movies files.
This has the impact of several naming decisions/fixations... and renaming checks.

So, deleting this movie (from DB!) and reimporting should make this a valid single-directory-movie again Smile
Best places for various graphics, audio and such is a folder /extras/.
There you could put nearly anything, which will not confuse TMM....
I removed the movie from the DB and tried again. Works as expected. I re-added the theme files and re-scraped. All good!

Not sure what happened cause I always add movies as offline(so TMM is making the new folder) and I add the theme files after. Strange, but your solution worked, Thanks.
You always added the theme file afterwards - so the decision was already made Wink

Due to a bug, we had to reevaluate this (upon upgrade to 2.9.4);
and in this case, your theme file was already there...
my structure is

\\nas\Media\Movies\Short Circuit 2
Ive just updated to 2.9.4 and now the movies never find any artwork.
Some posters are found but never any fanart now, what on earth has happenedHuh

I have fanart ticked.
@DR9x
please make a complete listing (or screenshot) of your directory. (and all subdirectories around)
Can't see all files, nor dates or such.
Tried your example.
Short Circuit 2.
Same settings.
Scraped, and poster.png et all are downloaded.
And maybe you still have the logfile from the day you upgraded... there could be valuable information there.

@70MM
Please elaborate.
On update? on scrape? ...? Where are no fanarts found?
The tickmark is only for the naming on [u]writing[u] fanarts...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2.9.4 Question / Bug?0