No picture the first few seconds
Hi,

After upgrading to 17.3 I have a small problem (but annoying)

When starting to play a video, I get sound instantly, but the picture is black for 2-3 seconds before starting.
Its the same playing from library and addons.

Kodi is running on a Intel NUC with win10 connected to a Onkyo receiver. The Kodi box is on 24/7, but I turn of the receiver when its not in use.
Sometimes when I turn the receiver back on the sounds are all screwed up. There is a harsh sound instead of the smooth clicking sound when surfing the menus.

Anyone have a clue what can cause this? Any help appriciated!

Thnx
Maybe the refresh rate switching? If you are playing 24fps content it will take a second or two to switch the refresh rate from your standard (50/60hz) refresh rate.
There is an option in the Settings / System / Display section: "Delay after change of refresh rate".
Perhaps you can use that, because your TV (or receiver?) is slow at changing refresh rates.
(2017-08-27, 14:10)FXB78 Wrote: Maybe the refresh rate switching? If you are playing 24fps content it will take a second or two to switch the refresh rate from your standard (50/60hz) refresh rate.
(2017-08-27, 14:52)Klojum Wrote: There is an option in the Settings / System / Display section: "Delay after change of refresh rate".
Perhaps you can use that, because your TV (or receiver?) is slow at changing refresh rates.

Thank you both Smile The refresh rate wasn't the culpit, but when I went to check I discovered that Kodi was running in full-screen window. Turned that off, and no more delay.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No picture the first few seconds0