python split ...?
So I hope this is a simple answer and I am just working to late and over thinking this.

In my script I have things being saved to userdata\addon_data\script.crow\processing

but I am using a os library and part of want I need is being retruned as C:\kodi\portable\userdata\addon_data\script.crow\processing

from my testing kodi does not like this but it works if I use special://profile/addon_data/script.crow/processing

being that different systems and ppl will have the location of kodi basically anywhere is there a simple way to convert the path that is returned my os lib to a kodi special protcoal path?

I am thinking split but if I split with '\' then it will not always work as the location thing.....

then I am thinking split at userdata.... that way I will have 2 variables and I can split the second varilble at \ and replace with / and the special protocol.

but when I look this up on how to do it I cant seem to get a clear answer or understanding if I can even split at a word...

any advice direction will be appreciated.

and with that good night.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
After reading some more I may can convert string to list the use index to get the information I need.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
python split ...?0