Please stop supporting TVAddons
@MetalChris I just searched and it wasn't there, are you sure you cleared your browser cache first?

The kind of mentality being exerted in this thread is the total opposite of what open source is supposed to be about. XBMC started by supporting all of the addons TVA used to, and no one is saying Kodi/XBMC is bad? This web site even referred users to XBMChub when it launched if I recall correctly.

@Lunatixz you are not one to speak of respect, from what I have gathered you are the only person to have ever hijacked another developer's addon ID (plugin.video.newsy) by submitting an addon with the same ID to the official repo. You claimed that you had no way of verifying, but the addon had been out months before yours and the author was told tough luck. A simple Google search would have shown that the addon ID was already taken. You also did the same with plugin.video.ustvnow after TVA had been the only ones maintaining it for over 4 years. In both cases, developers of legitimate and legal addons had to change their addon IDs because of you. You were also banned from TVA for being abusive towards users and other developers.

TVA did nothing wrong here, the license fully allows them to index those addons, they weren't even modifying them or anything. They were linking directly to your own repos which are on GitHub, which are indexed by hundreds of other sites who actually distribute old versions and kill the end user's experience.

Put your money where your mouth is, what did TVA ever do wrong to you? And don't say it's because some fake news journalist made a mistake 5 years ago and accidently mixed up TVA with Kodi, because that was not there fault. Never once has a user claimed to have been deceived by TVA into making them think it is the official Kodi site, it says unofficial all over the place.

The difference between Kodi.tv and TVA in most users minds is that TVA is actually accomodating to less experienced users, whereas this forum is filled with hate and abuse on all ends ever since NedScott was banned.

I hope that in the spirit of how the XBMC project was founded this post is not deleted simply because it brings up an opposing viewpoint. This whole place needs a big hug <3
(2017-10-21, 04:57)@Lunatixz you are not one to speak of respect, from what I have gathered you are the only person to have ever hijacked another developer\s addon ID (plugin.video.newsy) by submitting an addon with the same ID to the official repo. You claimed that you had no way of verifying, but the addon had been out months before yours and the author was told tough luck. A simple Google search would have shown that the addon ID was already taken. You also did the same with plugin. video .ustvnow after TVA had been the only ones maintaining it for over 4 years. In both cases, developers of legitimate and legal addons had to change their addon IDs because of you. You were also banned from TVA for being abusive towards users and other developers. Wrote: @Lunatixz you are not one to speak of respect, from what I have gathered you are the only person to have ever hijacked another developer's addon ID (plugin.video.newsy) by submitting an addon with the same ID to the official repo. You claimed that you had no way of verifying, but the addon had been out months before yours and the author was told tough luck. A simple Google search would have shown that the addon ID was already taken. You also did the same with plugin.video.ustvnow after TVA had been the only ones maintaining it for over 4 years. In both cases, developers of legitimate and legal addons had to change their addon IDs because of you. You were also banned from TVA for being abusive towards users and other developers.

Hmmm, this all sounds very familiar; new username Eleazar? Believe what you will... the past is well documented. If you would like to pursue the truth feel free. If you'd like to continue pushing false propaganda... well that's your prerogative.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2637502
https://www.tvaddons.co/forums/ustvnow-p...doned.html
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...ht=Eleazar
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
There are few things Eleazar loves more than creating new users in our forum. I'm curious why he doesn't bother using one of his older sock puppets though, like this guy: https://forum.kodi.tv/member.php?action=...uid=193058
(2017-10-20, 23:48)MetalChris Wrote:
(2017-10-20, 15:40)Eldorado Wrote: btw, looks like the repos/addons mentioned in this thread have been removed from tva site

Just did a search for my username at TVA and all of my add-ons are still listed.

They claim to have a DMCA takedown process; if they are violating your copyright you could try it out.
Unfortunately, though, due to Kodi's GPL license they would have to make closed-source modifications to your code in order to infringe your copyright.
(2017-10-21, 04:57)darcy-q Wrote: @MetalChris I just searched and it wasn't there, are you sure you cleared your browser cache first?

After I posted here yesterday, I posted another removal request in their forum.  I just checked again this morning, and a search of my username now returns no results.  Searching for some of my add-ons by name also returns no results.  So this is some progress.

I do see that my repository is still listed, along with some other kodi-repos under their fusion subdomain.  (I'd post a link here, but don't want to direct any traffic there, and I don't think Team Kodi wants to see any links to TVA here anyway.)  I've made an additional request over there to have my repo removed from their server entirely.  We'll see if they cooperate...

(2017-10-21, 14:59)BFeely Wrote: They claim to have a DMCA takedown process; if they are violating your copyright you could try it out.
Unfortunately, though, due to Kodi's GPL license they would have to make closed-source modifications to your code in order to infringe your copyright.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have sent removal requests via every available avenue on their site a number of times over the last couple of months.  It's not really a case of copyright infringement with my add-ons, they are all open source.  As I posted earlier, I just don't want to be associated with their site, and I don't want them using my add-ons to promote their builds and wizards.
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
This whole thread is clearly a circus designed to make TVA look bad. The fact remains that Kodi.tv endorsed TVA when it opened and TVA has always provided a quality experience to the end users which are shared between these two projects.

If TVA loses in court, the case law will be immediately used to try to take down Kodi.tv - don't act like rightsholders don't have a hard on for you guys already because they do. They just don't have the case law to deal with you yet.

Treating people with respect goes a long way in life, and @Lunatixz abusive behavior towards others shouldn't be ignored. You want respect, show respect to others.

As if any of the open source technologies that have gone into Kodi actually wanted their code included in a tool used primarily for piracy...
(2017-10-21, 17:55)darcy-q Wrote: If TVA loses in court, the case law will be immediately used to try to take down Kodi.tv - don't act like rightsholders don't have a hard on for you guys already because they do. They just don't have the case law to deal with you yet.

Frak!!! I just spit my beer reading this sentence. You can't write stuff like this and make me waste beer. One does not waste beer. Ever! Period!

What are we gonna do? I'm so worried now.... Think of the children.... Should we close shop?
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I have no desire to stir things up any further or argue. However, I feel compelled to point something out.

When I first started tinkering around with Kodi addons I was completely new to it all. I didn't really understand the differences between the different repos and what not. I was just figuring things out as I went. At the time I was looking for ways to "cut the cable". I wanted to continue getting some live US TV and I found the USTVnow service and then of course the addon(s). At the time I remember finding a few out there. Looking back I understand why there were different ones out there. 

I started having issues with the version that I found at TVADDONS. Again keep in mind I didn't really understand the difference between the groups/repos. Since I have a development background I decided to see if I could make some tweaks to it to fix my issues. I was pleased to find that with a few small tweaks I was able to fix my issues. So I decided to post my work on the TVADDONS forum to see what others thought. There were two different responses. 

• TVADDONS welcomed the work and invite me in with open arms. 
  • The response from this side of the house was extremely hostile. I was accused of being a thief and a liar. 

I as really shocked by the behavior. The fact is I had included credit to every dev that had ever worked on the addon. To be honest I didn't start with any intention of releasing my version anywhere. However, as I continued to work on things and add additional functionality to include the ability to record shows within the addon I decided that it would be fun to share. Since I was treated so poorly from the official side I didn't even consider releasing it here. 

One ironic thing that I find as I read through many of the older threads is that Lunatixz looks at what I did as stealing, yet he openly admits that much of the original code was not written by him. So I don't understand why the rules are different for some. I agree with whoever posted the fact that if any developer wants to protect their code then they should release it under a more restrictive license. That will not completely stop it, but it would give the developer some legal standing to go after anyone who didn't adhere to the license.

The absolute fact is that no matter what I enjoy sharing my work and I will continue to do so in one form or another. However, as long as the environment here remains so uninviting and toxic I will not consider moving anything to the official repos. Or course at this point I doubt I would be welcomed.

As I have learned any and everything that I post here will get ripped to shreds so I don't expect any less now.
(2017-10-21, 15:58)MetalChris Wrote: I do see that my repository is still listed, along with some other kodi-repos under their fusion subdomain.  (I'd post a link here, but don't want to direct any traffic there, and I don't think Team Kodi wants to see any links to TVA here anyway.)  I've made an additional request over there to have my repo removed from their server entirely.  We'll see if they cooperate...

...and now my repository and that of @matthuisman have been removed from the index listing under the fusion subdomain. Somewhat of a surprise that they responded so quickly, but none the less pleased that it has been done. Hopefully they are getting the message and no one will have to go through this again.
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
I wonder how long it'll take you to get your addons off all the rest of the sites that index them...

or maybe get all those sites who use the Kodi trademark in their domain names to change their names...

and finally those builds and box sellers...

all of whom get nowhere near the hate that TVA gets even though their negative impact on the Kodi name is far greater.

It's about time Kodi stop labelling TVA as their enemy, the users would be far worse off without them.
(2017-10-21, 17:55)darcy-q Wrote: This whole thread is clearly a circus designed to make TVA look bad. The fact remains that Kodi.tv endorsed TVA when it opened and TVA has always provided a quality experience to the end users which are shared between these two projects.

So if they supported TVA in the start they can't take it back and react to wrong doings on the TVA side?

(2017-10-21, 21:25)darcy-q Wrote: I wonder how long it'll take you to get your addons off all the rest of the sites that index them...

or maybe get all those sites who use the Kodi trademark in their domain names to change their names...

and finally those builds and box sellers...

all of whom get nowhere near the hate that TVA gets even though their negative impact on the Kodi name is far greater.

It's about time Kodi stop labelling TVA as their enemy, the users would be far worse off without them.

Well would be awesome to get them off of the rest of the sites, if you can help, please do. You have to start somewhere you know?
Biggest / most viability should be tackled first in my opinion. 
Any yes, we're taking down trademark violators, so if you have some tips, there is a topic about it in this forum.
We're also reporting box sellers, it's just not as public, as it mostly happens on amazon or ebay directly.
As I opened this thread and it's morphed into something else, I'm going to close this thread.
(2017-10-21, 17:55)darcy-q Wrote: The fact remains that Kodi.tv endorsed TVA when it opened and TVA has always provided a quality experience to the end users which are shared between these two projects.

Definitely Eleazar.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please stop supporting TVAddons2