Please stop supporting TVAddons
To all who have enjoyed my add-ons:

I have requested tvaddons.co multiple times to remove my add-ons from their website. Currently several of my add-ons are in their featured sections, despite my requests that they remove them.

I have had no association with them and do not desire to have any association with them.

IMO tvaddons has been nothing but a liability to, and are representative of a group that is motivated by goals that are contrary to, the Kodi community and Free Open Source projects.

As such, I have no choice but to remove and discontinue support for all my add-ons in all repos if my removal requests are not answered.
I absolutely will not support the further illegal, immoral and unscrupulous activities of tvaddons.co in any way.

A list of add-ons which will be affected:
https://kodi.tv/addon-author/t1m

If you support Kodi-team and the real Kodi community, please boycott and denounce tvaddons.co and their site.

Learningit
(2017-08-27, 18:50)learningit Wrote: To all who have enjoyed my add-ons:

I have requested tvaddons.co multiple times to remove my add-ons from their website. Currently several of my add-ons are in their featured sections, despite my requests that they remove them.

I have had no association with them and do not desire to have any association with them.

IMO tvaddons has been nothing but a liability to, and are representative of a group that is motivated by goals that are contrary to, the Kodi community and Free Open Source projects.

As such, I have no choice but to remove and discontinue support for all my add-ons in all repos if my removal requests are not answered.
I absolutely will not support the further illegal, immoral and unscrupulous activities of tvaddons.co in any way.

A list of add-ons which will be affected:
https://kodi.tv/addon-author/t1m

If you support Kodi-team and the real Kodi community, please boycott and denounce tvaddons.co and their site.

Learningit
This is sad to hear, however I completely stand with you.

It's disturbing that some users enjoy Kodi yet don't understand the harm TVA is doing.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
In the least surprising turn of events ever, I think they a pretending like they followed your request because they aren't literally acting as the server for the addons. TVaddons are the king, historically, of misunderstanding requests and demands for their own benefit. "stop using Kodi in the title." "Oh, ok, the new title is "The unofficial Kodi repo of Kodi addons, not associated with Kodi or XBMC."

I can't decide if I hate them more for their ruining our name, or their intentional misunderstandings.
Actually, don't bother going to tvaddons.co - boycott the website instead. They make revenue on clicks.

I'm sorry to all legitimate Kodi users that it has come to this, but TVA represents an absolutely toxic environment for all add-on authors and they have dragged me in without my permission. I will NOT be a part of their current efforts to legitimatize their behavior, these guys are rotten to the core.

I was able to turn a blind eye when the idiot "Clown" on their site blatantly ripped off code, that's part and parcel of Open Source.

Representing my work on their site, as if I condone it, is entirely a different matter though.
(2017-08-27, 21:11)natethomas Wrote: TVaddons are the king, historically, of misunderstanding requests and demands for their own benefit. "stop using Kodi in the title." "Oh, ok, the new title is "The unofficial Kodi repo of Kodi addons, not associated with Kodi or XBMC."

Going to start taking your word as gospel... seems the latest scuttlebutt i'm hearing is that @learningits OP is being mistaken as my own....
Looks like the message is being received, however the details are fuzzy. As always i'm looking forward to the unneeded TVA stooge drama coming my way.

Honestly wish they would all burn... in my time here I've let myself become bitter and hostile thanks to the fine folks at TVA, They really do breed an interesting userbase; They also foster the worst aspects of FOSS development.
I would hate to see either of you fold your tents and slip away because of the actions of a website that Team Kodi has no control over. That feels like a failure on some level (not by you!).

I speak for myself rather than the Team and I make no pretence to this being any sort of official post in the following. I know that tva are assholes, but I can't help feeling that it is (on a technical as opposed to emotional level) little different to me making a website and saying "hey these addons are da bomb, get anything by Lunatixz or Learningit"

At the same time I can see the absolute downer that these guys give you when they misappropriate your good names and make reference to you on their asshat site.

Anyway, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK5zYI86wIw
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I kinda agree with Nickr here. I understand it must be very annoying, but taking it all away mainly hurts regular kodi-users. Just my 2 cents.
You don't have to worry about me leaving... Over a year ago I fought to have my repository and plugins removed from TVA and I was successful. To my knowledge it has remained that way.

I understand all to well what @learningit is going through.

Sent from my SM-G935T
I also would like my addons to be removed from their site.
Please see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...id=2639529
For more about this.
mate, you gotta keep going, our lass loves the HGTV addons..i get some peace when she's watching them!..but iu understand..
Thanks to @natethomas, I see that all of the kodi.org repo add-ons have been removed from the TVA site.
I will return to biz as usual now. Thanks Nate.
@learningit

I just noticed tvaddons has followed my Github.

I opened an issue on their repo to ask them not to use any of my add-ons
https://github.com/tvaddonsco/tva-release-repo/issues/2

It there anyway to block people from following your Github? (It's not a good look for starters.)
Aha - blocking them removes them from following Smile
(2017-09-07, 01:05)matthuisman Wrote: @learningit

It there anyway to block people from following your Github? (It's not a good look for starters.)

If you put your add-on (s) in the kodi.org repo, they will stand a good chance of being removed from the site. You can ask discuss here or pm me if you have concerns about that.
(2017-09-07, 01:30)learningit Wrote:
(2017-09-07, 01:05)matthuisman Wrote: @learningit

If you put your add-on (s) in the kodi.org repo, they will stand a good chance of being removed from the site. You can ask discuss here or pm me if you have concerns about that.

It's really all too amusing that TVA in an attempt to fill their repo with legitimate plugins are plucking code from honest developers. Shows you how low they will stoop!

(2017-09-07, 01:05)matthuisman Wrote: Aha - blocking them removes them from following Smile

I had no idea you can block on github... fun!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please stop supporting TVAddons2