Solved Several Problems browsing Files
Hi Gade,
there are some weird things at list information 3 view if i browse my files in file mode (Video -> Files).
1. in a tv show marked source the tv show folder is named by tv-show title, not the folder name.
maybe it's the same like my last posted bug just for tv shows.
example:
Folder Name: A-Team ( https://abload.de/img/1sks6o.png )
View Name: Das A-Team ( https://abload.de/img/1aoqsfy.png )

2. the newest episode is showed in english allways not my preffered language. but if i browse the folder again there is no info(N/V)

i deleted my whole database (nfo files also) to check if there is something wrong with them. no changes.
maybe you can find something.

my settings:
https://abload.de/img/screenshot007vhsr8.png
I have no idea which skin you are using, but for troubleshooting errors or bugs, it's best to switch to Kodi's default/system skin, namely Estuary.

1) The official title is "The A-team / Das A-Team", and that name will be used in the Kodi library.
You stored it in the "A-Team" folder.

There is a option in the Settings/Media/Video section called: "Replace file names with library titles". It is probably enabled by default. Try unchecking it.

2) It's possible that not all episodes have been translated to (in your case) German and are subsequently unavailable in thetvdb.org . When that is the case, the default English text will be selected.
(2017-08-27, 18:53)skybird1980 Wrote: Hi Gade,
there are some weird things at list information 3 view if i browse my files in file mode (Video -> Files).
1. in a tv show marked source the tv show folder is named by tv-show title, not the folder name.
maybe it's the same like my last posted bug just for tv shows.
example:
Folder Name: A-Team ( https://abload.de/img/1sks6o.png )
View Name: Das A-Team ( https://abload.de/img/1aoqsfy.png )

Hi skybird.

To begin woth, List Info 3 view is not made to be used in files mode.
The reason it works, is that the content you browse is added to your library, and treated as tv shows.

Tonight I'll check if I can do anything about missing or wrong info in files mode.

(2017-08-27, 18:53)skybird1980 Wrote: 2. the newest episode is showed in english allways not my preffered language. but if i browse the folder again there is no info(N/V)

i deleted my whole database (nfo files also) to check if there is something wrong with them. no changes.
maybe you can find something.

I'll se if I can do something about the missing info.

Like Klojum writes, the language of the scraped info is done by the scraper you use and has nothing to do with the skin.
(2017-08-27, 21:29)Klojum Wrote: I have no idea which skin you are using, but for troubleshooting errors or bugs, it's best to switch to Kodi's default/system skin, namely Estuary.

1) The official title is "The A-team / Das A-Team", and that name will be used in the Kodi library.
You stored it in the "A-Team" folder.

There is a option in the Settings/Media/Video section called: "Replace file names with library titles". It is probably enabled by default. Try unchecking it.

2) It's possible that not all episodes have been translated to (in your case) German and are subsequently unavailable in thetvdb.org . When that is the case, the default English text will be selected.
Hello Klojum,
thanks for your response.
we are here in the rapier section and i wrote to gade. What do you think which Skin i use? Big Grin
i am browsing the files in filemode. i wrote about it. But i can switch to estuary and it works. this is why i reported it here.

2. i allready checked ;o)
(2017-08-28, 10:15)Gade Wrote: Hi skybird.

To begin woth, List Info 3 view is not made to be used in files mode.
The reason it works, is that the content you browse is added to your library, and treated as tv shows.

Tonight I'll check if I can do anything about missing or wrong info in files mode.

I'll se if I can do something about the missing info.

Like Klojum writes, the language of the scraped info is done by the scraper you use and has nothing to do with the skin.
thanks gade. i didn't know that this view is not made for the file mode. but i can choose it as default.
so it's just weird that the skin gets all the info from library if i browse in file mode Smile
I just checked this and doubt there's much to do on the skin side.

The folder name and info is from your scraped library info.
All content is treated as tv show as the content is already in your library (which is also why you can choose this view type in files mode).

Everything displays correctly for me using Kodi Leia.

Which info exactly is missing and what do you do to achieve this?

What does it look like in Estuary? Can you compare the two skins?
I actually found the reason for the folder issue in files mode.

I'll fix it for tv shows, movies and movie sets.
Did you see something similar to this anywhere else?

EDIT: I just pushed the fix for missing folder names to my development repo (Leia 11.1.10 / Krypton 10.5.10).
Can you confirm that the issue is fixed?
(2017-08-28, 17:08)skybird1980 Wrote: Hello Klojum,
thanks for your response.
we are here in the rapier section and i wrote to gade. What do you think which Skin i use? Big Grin
Hmpf... I must have had a pretty big sunstroke.
Sorry about the disturbance. Big Grin
@Gade the missing folder Name is now fixed. Thanks a lot! Big Grin
Now the setting is working (Replace the File Name with Library titles).

so i can confirm.
newest episode isn't fixed, but that is no problem for me.

@Klojum:
your support is also very welcome Smile so np at all.
Great that it's fixed.

What newest episode info do you exactly mean?

Is it the info provided to the left of the list?
Because that info is provided by the tv show next aired script and will probably always be in english. And that info will only work in the library (or when the script thinks the files are in the library).
(2017-08-29, 05:15)Gade Wrote: What newest episode info do you exactly mean?

Is it the info provided to the left of the list?
Because that info is provided by the tv show next aired script and will probably always be in english. And that info will only work in the library (or when the script thinks the files are in the library).

exactly this.^^
np for me Big Grin i buy mostly the full tv show and rip them.
it was only for running tv shows like dr who.
I see.
I have no control over info or language used by script.tv.show.next.aired other than providing the label used.

So I'll mark this thread as solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Several Problems browsing Files0