v17 Getting IR remote to work
For such stuff you'd probably still use lirc / irexec, as it offers quite flexible configuration options.

OTOH buttons supported by X11 will work identically like on a keyboard, eg numbers or volumeup / down. You can also try pressing the power button on your remote and see what happens :-)

so long,

Hias
I think I'm experiencing exactly the same issue after reinstalling, this time with Ubuntu 17, Kodi 17 and Intel NUC / Logitech Harmony.

Weirdly enough I can see the input events showing up in the Kodi Log

Code:
23:01:22.332 T:140251342432640   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 322044:16d 0 KEY_EPG /dev/input/event4 (KEY_EPG)

But no matter what, I can't get them mapped to perform any actions. I tried to manually add them to the keymap and tried the GUI Keymap Editor, which is just timing out when it asks for a button press.

Am I missing something completely obvious here?
Ok, looks like I got a step closer by following this guide

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Set_up_an_M...l_in_Linux
(2017-08-28, 20:03)HiassofT Wrote: For such stuff you'd probably still use lirc / irexec, as it offers quite flexible configuration options.

OTOH buttons supported by X11 will work identically like on a keyboard, eg numbers or volumeup / down. You can also try pressing the power button on your remote and see what happens :-)
Thanks, good to know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting IR remote to work0