Kodi 17.4 Information button
I always used to use the I button in Kodi 17 to scan new folders for new shows, before in 16 it was an option in the C menu. But I updated to 17.4 and now the I button no longer does anything on new folders, but it does show the information on known folders.
Is there any way to get the functionality back?
You may be using a different skin from the default Estuary skin, but I don't know of Estuary having a specific button to start scanning for new shows. It only has menu items that do that.

Can you give us a screenshot via imgur.com or imgbb.com ?

If the scanning does indeed not work, perhaps you can also provide a debug log, so we can have a more indepth look.
(2017-08-28, 12:57)Klojum Wrote: You may be using a different skin from the default Estuary skin, but I don't know of Estuary having a specific button to start scanning for new shows. It only has menu items that do that.

Can you give us a screenshot via imgur.com or imgbb.com ?

If the scanning does indeed not work, perhaps you can also provide a debug log, so we can have a more indepth look.

There's not much to see though.

The 'information' option is missing for the non-scanned item, whilst previously that would invoke the scraper and allow me to manually select the title from the results.
That was extremely useful when used for anime and TV shows where getting back multiple results is fairly common.
This is what happens in 17.3 when I press I:
'Scan for new content' has replaced the information screen that didn't have any information in it. If the source has been defined, your options on the context menu for a folder should be 'Scan for new content' and 'Scan to Library'. In the case of an incorrect scrape, the information screen brings the option for a refresh, and in that function, a denial, and subsequent 'No' for locally stored and refresh from the internet will bring the 'select show' and manual option. Yes, it's not the same as it used to be, but until you pointed this out, this slight function variation it had escaped me (tested out with two skins).
(2017-08-28, 19:46)PatK Wrote: 'Scan for new content' has replaced the information screen that didn't have any information in it. If the source has been defined, your options on the context menu for a folder should be 'Scan for new content' and 'Scan to Library'. In the case of an incorrect scrape, the information screen brings the option for a refresh, and in that function, a denial, and subsequent 'No' for locally stored and refresh from the internet will bring the 'select show' and manual option. Yes, it's not the same as it used to be, but until you pointed this out, this slight function variation it had escaped me (tested out with two skins).
First from 16.x to 17.0 they moved the option to the information button and now the functionality is gone?
Great, I guess I'll stick to 17.3.
That's not an attack BTW.
The function is still there, from what I can see it's the change form 16 to 17, not something that is new to 17.4 vs 17.3 but alas I don't have 17.3 mounted anymore, so someone else will have to do the foot work on that.
(2017-08-28, 20:39)PatK Wrote: The function is still there, from what I can see it's the change form 16 to 17, not something that is new to 17.4 vs 17.3 but alas I don't have 17.3 mounted anymore, so someone else will have to do the foot work on that.
I reinstalled 17.3 and it immediately works again so it's definitely something that changed from 17.3 to 17.4.
Why and how, I don't know.
But since 17.4 doesn't do anything I need as far as I can tell, I'll just stick to the version that works.
The 'scan new content' didn't work in 17.4 either BTW, but that's not really an issue for me at the moment and I think KillerSkunk has a topic about that particular issue in which you've participated.
I can confirm the function is not working in v17.4. See here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2639020
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Using Kodi 18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20170729-53da7c7 on Windows 7Pro updated as of latest August patch tuesday.

I can go into <Videos><Files> and click on my "BluRay" source to see an movies within.
As i have one unscraped movie (no metadata), highlinghting this movie and hitting "I" will pop up a keyboard where i can enter/edit movie title before this unscraped movie meta data is fetched via the scraper defined for this source.

So an old late July Leia build seems to work as in the 17.3 build, as others expect, if that info is useful to anyone.

[edited to add following]

I then "Removed from library" the above scrapped movie using "Manage.." mouse right click context menu.
Then i followed with downloading and installing KodiSetup-20170827-9f5fd83303-master-x64.exe over the top of the older version (it was the latest version i could download).
And <Video><Files> "I" key behaviour was as the previous build.
That is, the movie was individually scrapped successfully.

Note that i have all my movies as mkv files within one directory per source if that is of any concequence.
I'm a XBMC novice :)
Trying to cast a bit more light on a few more details of this issue;

The information function (keyboard 'i' but no listing shown in the context menu, until a scan) and subsequent scrape works for both 17.4 and Leia 18 Alpha, when directly over the file (in file mode) but 'not' over the named folder, one must enter the folder of the video and scan to library is effective.
Just throwing it out there, but I think most changes in the 17.x builds are backports from Leia, so the nightlies probably track each other (with some lag in 17 nightlies). What caused the change I don't know, but I think there have been changes relative to managing PVR recordings which might have had unintended side-effects.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.4 Information button0