Trouble updating LINUX box from 17.3 to 17.4
I am having issues manually updating my OS on my kodi box. The box was purchased from a Kodi salesman at a trade show, so it is an official kodi product, but I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place on how to update. It is a small box with a blue triangle light on the front. (OS: LINUX 3.10.104). I have attempted rebooting, restarting, unplugging, but I just get a message to update, click okay then it does nothing.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

Mara
We don't make or sell boxes - there is no such thing as an official kodi box (indeed the only official kodi products are the software plus a couple of other bits like a raspberry pi case, t-shirts, mugs and stickers and stuff like that). So your salesman is nothing to do with us at all, and maybe a con artist.

Given how these things normally go I'd bet it also contains piracy banned addons (wiki) that violate our forum rules (wiki)?

Your best bet is probably to wipe it clean and start again with a fresh install.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Great, well thank you for the clarification! I have attempted to do the fresh install multiple times and the update screen has now gone away, although I'm still on 17.3. I guess I will have to let the processor decide the next time it wants to update!

Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble updating LINUX box from 17.3 to 17.40