• 1(current)
XBMC for Linux 2.1 SVN revision 12195 (potential alpha 1) available for testing
The Ubuntu package for the first potential XBMC for Linux 2.1 alpha 1 is now available for testing.

You can download it at the following URL:
http://files.filefront.com/xbmc+21a1+svn...einfo.html

I'll be uploading it elsewhere as well, and I believe that the official XBMC team will be putting it on their ubuntu launchpad personal package archive shortly so you can just add the PPA source and run "apt-get install xbmc".

Please note that this package is 32-bit i386 only and does not have mythtv or wiimote compiled in. It has been briefly tested on Gutsy 7.10 only. In addition it was compiled with the debug flag as this is not a final release. To get rid of the debug text at the top of your screen run the executable via "/opt/xbmc/XboxMediaCenter -fs -q".

Please install and use this package rather than pulling directly from SVN for the next week or two as we're trying to release a relatively stable 2.1 alpha 1 for end-users' use. Bug reports are welcome.

Tell your friends!
nice!
Unfortunately filefront truncated the filename, but it should still work fine. Unfortunately I haven't had a lot of luck with the free file uploading places, so only one more mirror for now. It's at the following URL:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/4d0c81

To install run the following:

dpkg -i xbmc_2.1a1_svn12195-0ubuntu1_i386.deb

The program is installed in /opt/xbmc and chown'd 1000:1000, the default userid and groupid for Ubuntu. If your user/group are different, run:

chown -R youruser:yourgroup /opt/xbmc
awesome! I was wondering what was taking so long when i did the svn update earlier today. I see now they moved it out of the linux branch and into a branch of its own
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~nelson11/xbmc...1_i386.deb

I plan on seeing an email from iTAP in the morning Smile
I'll tell you one thing, this was one difficult package to build. It's trivial with standard autoconf-style "configure;make;make install", but without make install working I had to learn a whole lot more about debian packaging than I had anticipated!
Mythtv is not compiled? You mean you didn't use "--enable-gmyth" option or you actually remove all mythtv related files?
thx
I believe it needs to be explicitly enabled-- I didn't set the option and don't have mythtv libraries installed as I don't use it. If there's demand, I can add it to the next release candidate for alpha1.
rodalpho Wrote:I believe it needs to be explicitly enabled-- I didn't set the option and don't have mythtv libraries installed as I don't use it. If there's demand, I can add it to the next release candidate for alpha1.
this is why i asked Smile
--enable-gmyth is no longer required as gmyth is not in use anymore(i know readme says otherwise but it is outdated) as far as I understand it cmyth is in use now and it is build in
I'm pretty sure elupus is using cmyth now and it's built-in and enabled by default. just need to add source somewhere along the lines of "mythtv://user:pass/host". There is a post somewhere about it.
Thanks so much for your efforts...!!!! a deb package would increase community, due to an easy install.. sure!
Could placing the configuration in the home directory be an option in the future? That would be really nice, because then the configuration will be restored completely after a fresh install.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Nice work mate. If you need a mirror (that won't monkey with your file) let me know. I have some bandwidth to donate to the cause.

Cheers,
xgrep
return null;
Oh, if cmyth is automatically compiled in, then it's compiled in. I didn't purposefully disable it.

That came up a couple of days ago, spiff said it would be a trivial change to put userdata in ~/.xbmc. I agree, it'd be a good thing. Note that deinstalling the package (dpkg -r xbmb) should not delete the /opt/xbmc/UserData directory. The packaging system is aware of all files in the package.
Damn, I really wish this forum had edit messages enabled. Deinstall via "dpkg -r xbmc".
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Linux 2.1 SVN revision 12195 (potential alpha 1) available for testing2