• 29(current)
[MOD] CarPC-Carbon
Hello, i've been modding one of your textures to fit my build, calling it Carbon White Black Glass.
Here are some pics and last remaining issue i got...

Can somone point me in the right location, i need to reposition the above listing and probably resize it or remove 1 item from it ex: track 1 to 5.

Same issue as the prior image, reposition and resize above item.

And finally locate and relocate this 9002 panel to the right a bit. Note that it only appears on this location on fullscreen mode, music or video, on all remaining windows it's positioned as in image 3.
Ty.
Hello, I have installed Kodi v18 on Raspberry Pi (raspbian stretch) with CarPC-Carbon skin, so the idea is to use it in the car.
My question is how do I run an external program, like creating my custom button VLC and pushing to launch VLC?

I tried this in the following way
I created a vlc.py file in /home/pi.kodi/addons/skin.CarPc-Carbon/scripts/vlc.py
I put this code in the file

Code:
import os
import xbmc

os.system ("sudo /usr/bin/vlc");

In the code I call it with the command
Code:
RunScript ("special://home/pi/.kodi/addons/skin.CarPc-Carbon/scripts/vlc.py")

But when I try to get started I get a mistake and nothing happens.

The error that comes out is:
Code:
2019-05-02 00: 29: 00.739 T: 1899867408 ERROR: ExecuteAsync - Not executing non-existing script special: //home/pi.kodi/addons/skin.CarPc-Carbon/scripts/vlc.py

I test and without special:/ and reply from log is:
Code:
2019-05-02 18:58:48.042 T:1774600928 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(39): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
Where am I wrong?

Maybe Google Chrome just VLC gave as an example
(2019-05-01, 20:22)VoodooLeague Wrote: Hello, i've been modding one of your textures to fit my build, calling it Carbon White Black Glass.
Here are some pics and last remaining issue i got...

ImageImageImage
Can somone point me in the right location, i need to reposition the above listing and probably resize it or remove 1 item from it ex: track 1 to 5.

Same issue as the prior image, reposition and resize above item.

And finally locate and relocate this 9002 panel to the right a bit. Note that it only appears on this location on fullscreen mode, music or video, on all remaining windows it's positioned as in image 3.
Ty.

Hi , very nice job. Smile . I like the home , nice contrast.
For the list view in music library , you can fix by edit ViewsList.xml and second ViewsThumbnail.xml .
Even i edited many times this files i can't remember all locations Big Grin .
 For the last try to search in  includes.xml also..
(2019-05-02, 17:59)Matrata Wrote: Hello, I have installed Kodi v18 on Raspberry Pi (raspbian stretch) with CarPC-Carbon skin, so the idea is to use it in the car.
My question is how do I run an external program, like creating my custom button VLC and pushing to launch VLC?

I tried this in the following way
I created a vlc.py file in /home/pi.kodi/addons/skin.CarPc-Carbon/scripts/vlc.py
I put this code in the file

Code:
import os
import xbmc

os.system ("sudo /usr/bin/vlc");

In the code I call it with the command
Code:
RunScript ("special://home/pi/.kodi/addons/skin.CarPc-Carbon/scripts/vlc.py")

But when I try to get started I get a mistake and nothing happens.

The error that comes out is:
Code:
2019-05-02 00: 29: 00.739 T: 1899867408 ERROR: ExecuteAsync - Not executing non-existing script special: //home/pi.kodi/addons/skin.CarPc-Carbon/scripts/vlc.py

I test and without special:/ and reply from log is:
Code:
2019-05-02 18:58:48.042 T:1774600928 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(39): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
Where am I wrong?

Maybe Google Chrome just VLC gave as an example     

Hi,
first of all try to run your script in your terminal.
If working go to the next step.

Try for button command :
Code:
RunScript("special://skin/scripts/your_file_name.py")
Hi,

I test from terminal and VLC is run code on python script is:
Code:
import os

os.system("/usr/bin/vlc");

And edit Action Button from skin with command: 
Code:
RunScript("special://home/pi/scripts/vlc.py")

and don't work Sad
test with command from terminal
Code:
python /home/pi/scripts/vlc.py
Take some examples from here:
https://github.com/idorel77/skin.CarPC-t...er/scripts

I have more than 3 years i did't use pi....
(2018-08-26, 08:08)idorel77 Wrote: Hi , you have to make a script inside the skin/script/your_file_name.py , like here: https://github.com/idorel77/skin.CarPC-t...er/scripts
inside your script will be something like this:

#######
import os
import xbmc

os.system("your terminal command"); 

#########

And your action command will be:

Have fun!
Hello,

I am trying to implement this solution, but I have a question.  Once I have created the script, how do I get it onto my installation of Kodi? I can't find any kind of file system where I can manually add the script file.
(2019-05-05, 20:56)dud3rs Wrote:
(2018-08-26, 08:08)idorel77 Wrote: Hi , you have to make a script inside the skin/script/your_file_name.py , like here: https://github.com/idorel77/skin.CarPC-t...er/scripts

#######
import os
import xbmc

#########

Have fun!
Hello,

I am trying to implement this solution, but I have a question.  Once I have created the script, how do I get it onto my installation of Kodi? I can't find any kind of file system where I can manually add the script file.
ssh ?
(2019-05-06, 00:58)otaranda Wrote:
(2019-05-05, 20:56)dud3rs Wrote:

#######
import os
import xbmc

#########

Have fun!
Hello,

ssh ? 
My RPi setup is a dual boot Raspbian/LibreElec.  Do you mean that I need to load up Kodi, and then SSH into that?  Previously, I have been going in to Raspbian assuming that was the main OS, and would give me access to all files (including Kodi).
Run LibreElec. Enable ssh server. Log into kodi via ssh and run that script using command line
(2019-05-06, 02:45)otaranda Wrote: Run LibreElec. Enable ssh server. Log into kodi via ssh and run that script using command line
Thanks for the help, otaranda!
(2019-05-03, 18:16)idorel77 Wrote:
(2019-05-01, 20:22)VoodooLeague Wrote: Image

Ty.

Hi , very nice job. Smile . I like the home , nice contrast.
For the list view in music library , you can fix by edit ViewsList.xml and second ViewsThumbnail.xml .
Even i edited many times this files i can't remember all locations Big Grin .
 For the last try to search in  includes.xml also.. 
Thanks for the assist that helped a lot... all visual issues solved.

I have  a doubt about about the 9002 panel on image 2, i wanted to apply the rim effect to it as in image 1 center menu, instead of the blue colordiffuse.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<focusedlayout height="180" width="180">
                <control type="image">
                <posx>-5</posx>
                <posy>-20</posy>
                <width>180</width>
                <height>180</height>
                <bordersize>20</bordersize>
                <texture colordiffuse="blue">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
                <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
            </control>

​​​​​​​---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I´ve tried nonsense stuff like:

-                <texture="icons_p">$INFO[ListItem.Icon_p]</texture>

-                <texture="icons">$INFO[ListItem_p.Icon]</texture>

-                <texture="icons">$INFO_p[ListItem.Icon]</texture>

Any ideas on how to go about doing it, all icon names for this buttons have the same name, with extra p, ex: icon_name _p.png

​​​​​​​Thnak you.
Hi ,
i don't know how to start . ..
There you have a image, icon is image too, small png...
colordiffuse=blue is an effect over texture (icon in this case), you can't add icons effect.
You can't modify $INFO[ListItem.Icon] - you just can to replace.

You can read here more about texture.
​​​​​​https://kodi.wiki/view/Texture_Attributes

And here you can learn how to skinning:
Skinning (wiki)
(2019-05-07, 10:14)idorel77 Wrote: Hi ,
i don't know how to start . ..
There you have a image, icon is image too, small png...
colordiffuse=blue is an effect over texture (icon in this case), you can't add icons effect.
You can't modify $INFO[ListItem.Icon] - you just can to replace.

You can read here more about texture.
​​​​​​https://kodi.wiki/view/Texture_Attributes

And here you can learn how to skinning:
Skinning (wiki)

Thnaks one more time that helped quite a bit

• 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] CarPC-Carbon2