Nvidia Shield 2017 hard drive changes mount order each startup.
Hi Guru's,

I just got a Shield TV 2017 and have installed Kodi. I have 2 powered USB hard drives connected to the Shield. I have found that when I turn off and on the device it can sometime change the mount order of the hard drives pending on which on starts first (by milliseconds). This was also the case on my old Minix X8-H Plus and I could figure that out either. In kodi I have one hard drive for TV shows and other Movies. Due to the Shield mounting the hard drives in a different order sometimes Kodi's library can't find the video I want to watch as it can't find the hard drive due to the mounting issue. If I could set the mount order of the drives then this won't be an ongoing issue.

I read a forum with a similar issue on a Sony Android TV and they could mount via the hardware ID instead of what order they boot up in.

Please help!
This not a Kodi related issue, there's nothing that can be done in Kodi to change how the drive get mounted.

That said, your best bet is to either get or build a NAS or attach your drives to another device (like your router).
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
IIRC, the shield mounts by hardware id (something like "23ab-45cd") which never changes across mounts, so not sure what you're talking about.

What are your mount points?
Hi Koying,
Just the two USB ports on the back. Nothing changes.

If I go to the actual files in kodi I can play the files fine but the scraped files in the 'TV Shows' & 'Movies' section it asked me to remove the video as it can't find them.
Mount point = What is the path in your "source" Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield 2017 hard drive changes mount order each startup.0