Linux How to use newer (unreleased) version of libcec?
Next Version of the libcec will fix a couple of central bugs, that I am waiting for. In order to take advantage and test the fixes, my plan is to compile a new
version of the libcec library my self, and then use this together with Kodi 17.4.
Compiling and installing the latest libcec is easliy done. However, this brakes the CEC support in Kodi. As far as I can tell from Kodi source, because Kodi
requires a specific version 4.0.1 of the Libcec, and libcec is now moved to 4.0.2.

Is there a recommended way to upgrade Kodi to support latest libcec version? E.g. would a configuration and compilation of Kodi solve this?

Regards, René
You must recompile kodi as well.
Thanks,

So would that be as simple as:
1. Compile and install libcec library
2. Compile and install Kodi

Or is a configuration change required in kodi source, to handle libcec 4.0.2?
I wouldn't expect any code changes are needed. In fact I'd expect kodi to just work after upgrading cec only, but you said it doesn't.
Can you provide a Debug Log?
Been a while since I got the time to look at this problem, but got it working now.

I identified the root cause for my problem was incomplete configuration of libcec build dependencies, disabling
the automatic port/adapter scanning. By ensuring all dependencies in place (according to libcec build instructions)
the automatic detection of the libcec adapter works and kodi picks it up nicely. 

So conclusion: Easily possible to use newer version of libcec without any kodi recompilation, just follow guide :-) 

Thanks, René

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use newer (unreleased) version of libcec?0