[Idea] Skin for showing off home photos/video (Coder needed?)
Hi everyone,

Hopefully this thread is in accordance with the sub-forum rules.

Basically, I've got a ton of photos scanned. From my parents house, and some of my old ones. Now, I want to surprise my parents with a 42" digital photo frame. Basically, I'm going to take a TV, hide it in a photo frame and get a picture printed on a "roller" you can drag in front of the tv. In other words, it'll look sorta like a normal picture until you turn on the tv. What I'm missing is the software.

I've use Kodi in half a decade, and it's been great. One area that could do with improvement, is the picture / personal videos area.

I can do the layout myself, if someone is interested. What I'm thinking is a screensaver with 4-12 photos and videos on it at a time. Both a horizontal and vertical layout. Content would look best in a tile view I think. Like the many collages out there. When you activate the screen, you're brought directly to your photo album. Then you just need a clean and simple way to navigate through folders and get the stuff you want to show off.

What I cannot do, is code it, nor know what the best way to do it technically. Is it a separate skin for Photo and Video presentation? Or is it an add-on that launch able on all skins with a shortcut to boot into said add on?

What do you guys think?

Thank you in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Idea] Skin for showing off home photos/video (Coder needed?)0