WIP Addon Icon Template
Hi,
I am a long time Kodi user and for a while I have been making my own channel icons for PVR and addon icons for local repository in my country. By my definition, when you're not watching content, you are browsing through thumbnails and icons, so they should be nice looking.

I've got an idea to make a really simple icon template sheet for devs, that makes them making icons a little bit easier.

It's for vector editors (Inkscape, Illustrator) and basically it has a guides for 15% padding, some color backgrounds, simple gradients for getting started. The main thing is the padding, because even though its mentioned in kodi wiki, a lot of people doesn't use it (of course functions of addon are much more important then icon). And the most upper layer is just a few quick notes to be reminded.

It's 2017, 4K TVs are not uncommon, and with flat design, PNGs are pretty small, I think it wouldn't be much problem to encourage making icons in 1024x1024 instead of 256x256 or 512x512. But that's probably not up to me.

watch gallery

Download:
GitHub

And if someone from devs would be interested, I will gladly try to remake some/all of the icons from default Kodi repository keeping same rules for consistent look like from App Store. Some of my icons I made are here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon Icon Template0