Linux Kodi 17 fails to play blu-ray menus
Hi all, I've been having a strange experience with blu-ray menus and Kodi-17, in that they don't work. I'm on Gentoo Linux, and up to now the symptoms were similar to those reported for DVDs here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=303932
Basically the menu sound played and looped, but the actual menu entries did not appear.
Now, with the latest release available in Portage (Gentoo's package management system) I simply get a message saying "The menus of this blu-ray are not supported" and the disc doesn't play.

What I find strange is that the menus work perfectly fine with Kodi-16, so I don't really understand why they stopped working in the later version. For the moment, I simply keep using version 16. Of course, I would rather switch to later versions, but I'm still waiting for the functionality to be put back in. Any help/explanation?
I just tried version 17.5-r1. The error message is no longer there, but the menus keep not working.
Does anyone have any idea whether this is going to get fixed, eventually?
I mean, version 16 it works, so is the code that was used there somehow not usable in later versions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 fails to play blu-ray menus0