OS X LiveTV playback lipsync problems
I have Kodi 17.4 on a 2007 iMac 24 (Core 2 Duo 2.4G). I can't seem to get the audio in lipsync with the video on LiveTV using the mythtv plugin. On recorded TV, it's fine. It's not as smooth as on newer computers, but it very watchable. Live TV works in lipsync on newer Macs, Linux, and Window machines.

Live TV works on the iMac with Mythtv player and with Kodi 15/16. It's 17 where it stopped staying in lipsync. It audio can fall behind a lot if you keep letting it run.

Is this a setting somewhere?
You can either change it statically via the advancedsettings.xml file, or dynamically via the audio options of a Kodi OSD screen during a video. Or even simpler, make a keymap to those functions directly.
Code:
<keymap>
    <FullScreenVideo>
        <left mod="ctrl,shift">audiodelayminus</left>
        <right mod="ctrl,shift">audiodelayplus</right>
    </FullScreenVideo>
</keymap>
The problem is that my audio is very much behind the video. It starts in sync, then it starts losing seconds, then minutes. If I let LiveTV run long enough it 5 or more minutes behind.
I can start to record a program from the Guide, then go to the recordings to start playing it immediately and that works fine.
maybe your pvr backend sends messed up timestamps for audio, video, or both.
(2017-09-02, 19:52)FernetMenta Wrote: maybe your pvr backend sends messed up timestamps for audio, video, or both.
I have multiple frontends. All are on Kodi 17.4 and have no issues. My Macbook Pro from 2011 works fine, but it has Intel GFX. The old iMac has ATI Radeon HD 2600 GFX.
Quote:It starts in sync, then it starts losing seconds, then minutes.

that only can happen outside of Kodi. Kodi's internal buffers can only hold up to 8 seconds. A bigger shift results into a stall of playback.

EDIT: provided that the stream has valid PTS. not sure about mythtv in this case. needs to be verified.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LiveTV playback lipsync problems0