Save movie positions
Hello,

I would like to save some movie positions. It's mainly for documentaries. I could use some parts of the movie to show to other people and if I save some positions it will be fast to find them. I know we can use bookmarks. But:

- I would like to add a small description. Only a sentence would be enough. I was not able to edit the description of the bookmark.
- At best it would be good to save those points in a separate file. In the future it could be useful if not used with kodi. But it's not necessary.

Perhaps an add-on could help, but I didn't find one until now.

Does somebody have an idea ?

Thank you!
Adding a (small) description to video bookmarks would require adding a text field to the database schema of the bookmarks table.
This is best reported as a feature request, and who knows it will be added to Kodi 18.
I don't believe there is any JSON method to retrieve the bookmarks (this is the preferred method for add-ons). So AFAICT, any add-on to do this would need to load python sqlite module (assuming you don't use mysql) and directly extract from the video database. That I believe would be "banned" as non-conforming. It's probably better to see if Milhouse might add the feature to texturecache.py tool. I also would like to see more supports for using bookmarks, for example showing them in the movie info dialog or in media containers (see for example how TVShow episode bookmarks work). As it is the best work around I find is to extract the bookmarks using SQL tools, and converting them to chapters (which allows you to have the chapter title string associated) which then I can add to mkv container files using MKVMerge.

It is an alternative to have these videos in a TVShow source and use episode bookmarks, but you have to create your own nfo files for them.

scott s.
Thank you for your replies! I will probably add a feature request. Until there is a solution, I'll consider the suggested workaround.
I can move this thread into Feature Requests if you haven't posted a new one yet.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Save movie positions0