nfo files?
Quote:Yes, I have noticed that the drive letter changes, but never really attached any significance to this - who knew such a little thing could be such a big problem?! Oh, well I guess you did, lol. Your solution worked well, no more problem.
Great!!! One problem solved.

Quote:Regarding the Extras add-on, I now only need to work out how to exclude the Extras folder from the main page
This is a simple fix, but you obviously skipped this section in the wiki page. Read Section 3 of the Extras wiki page. It will tell you exactly what needs to be done to prevent it. Unfortunately, as you have now scraped all these extras into the library, you need to manually remove each one. There is no quick way to do it. Unless you are happy removing your library and rebuilding. But this depends on how many Extras you scraped into the library.

Quote: if I 'added the NAS as a source,
NEVER do this. Only add the parent directory of the media as the source. Adding the whole drive e:\ as the source will confuse Kodi and you will have a library that will have missing titles, extra titles that are random and unknown.

In your USB Drive, you should have a directory like e:\Movies and e:\TV Shows and e:\Music. They are the parent directories, and in those you will have all your Movies, TV Shows and Music respectively. It is these directories that are the source.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
"This is a simple fix, but you obviously skipped…" But I did not skip any section of the wiki - the wiki is obviously very helpful, but it is not 100%; naturally, it is sometimes lacking in fine detail. In this case, the code option is completely beyond me, so I used the "Exclude Folder" option. For me, file entry order seemed to matter. In my first attempts, I entered the extras sub fold first, setting content to none, etc. and then the parent/main folder, but this didn’t produce the desired effect. Later, I reversed and entered the main folder first, followed by the subfolder, and this was successful. So I beat that - but every time I think I've got one thing licked, something else arises!

Everything with extras was fine until yesterday, when browsing through Kodi (just to admire the beauty of it all) I noticed that the "Extras" command/option no longer appears at the bottom of the pop-up list after right clicking on certain movies/files. The option is present in the pop-up list for the adjacent movies, and it was present in the list for these particular movies when last I viewed them. Today, it is gone. As both of the trouble-makers are movie sets, I suspect set-association may be involved with the problem. One more thing to work on. I put it on my list.

"In your USB Drive, you should have a directory like…" Glad to hear this - it is exactly how I have it arranged.

I have made positive advances on the .nfo front. I abandoned attempting to create my own from scratch, or copy/paste with content changes from the wiki (100% failure after dozens of hours), and after much research, I hit upon several programs for managing media and generating .nfos.

[1] Media Companion was much to complex for my ability, so dropped it almost immediately. [2] MediaElch, which has an extensive thread here in this forum, but no TV instructions in its internal guide, seemed to be more stream-lined/simplified, and therefore perhaps easier to use than others. But, although I was able to enter several "test" TV show files, all read as "0 episodes." After two days of clicking every button in the interface with no result, I gave up on this one and downloaded [3] tinyMediaManager. This one might not be quite so 'pretty' as the previous, but evidently it is more intuitive to use, as I was successful in creating several .nfo files from scratch and in having them subsequently recognized by Kodi! Yay for me!

But, it seems no triumph comes without some tag-along pest. In creating the files, I followed the naming convention for specials, s0e1, and I named the sub folder Season 00. Although Kodi reads and displays the homemade files (almost) exactly as I want, where I want, it also repeatedly displays the same files where I don't want - viz. in every other season entry in the interface, nine in all. If, within any given season set, I right click, etc. and delete the files, they are also deleted from their proper entry point. My option seems to be either everywhere, or nowhere at all. One more thing to work on. I put it on my list with the rest.

I have many other questions/issues/projects: best mini-computer; alternate operating system advantages, e.g. LibreElec; locating Kodi on external drive; Pseudo TV - it's a long list! But I will, time permitting, direct these enquires to the appropriate threads - for now, it seems that I have a working solution for creating homemade .nfos. Thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nfo files?0