keymaps
I am in need of a little help I have changed one of my kodi boxes from linux to windows and i am having some issues with keymaps i have tried the editor addon as well and it will not accept a key on the remote even though it gives it an id any idea would be helpful and i am not sure what additional info to provide so please ask.

Thanks,
Yonu
I forgot to note that the same remote worked fine in linux on kodi
Hi Yonu,

What remote are you using?
What button?
What is the ID Keymap Editor is giving you for that button press?
the remote is a 2.4G Wireless RC T3 Remote Control Keyboard Air Mouse USB for TV BOX Mini PC from ebay

the button is the backbutton

and i will have to get you the exact id but it is something like 16820168 or something along those lines

I will post the id as soon as i get home this evening
ok keymap editor registers the button as 16839168
What exactly are you trying to assign it to do?
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
i am trying to make it so that when the back button is pressed it also send stop to playback i had it working when it was on linux with the same remote and kodi
Hi Yonu,

The Back key on the T3 acts as the right mouse button when mouse mode is on. key ID 57345

When mouse mode is turned off the back key operates as ESC . key ID 61467.

Use these key ID's in your keymap file to change to what you want.
no luck i even tried this from the wiki
<remote>
<back>stop</back>
</remote>
<keyboard>
<back>stop</back>
<backspace>stop</backspace>
<escape>stop</escape>
</keyboard>

I did try running the showkey program and it twll me the keys value is 166 and vk_browser_back but that doesn't work either I even tried the notification it suggests which is this
<browser_back>Notification(Key, browser_back, 3)</browser_back>

thank ideas would be great
I have the T3 remote as well but mine works as i described above.

if your machine is showing browser back

maybe try the key ID 53249 (i cannot try this so its a bit of a guess if it works)
ok i tried the suggested key ids and nothing it worked fine on the RPI2 could it somehow be driver related to win8?
well i just double checked and it turns out i have the MX3 remote
Hi yonu

Lets see if we can narrow this down. The MX3 share majority of keys as the T3 i have both remotes.
I have attached a link to my Google Drive that contains a copy of AutoHotKey, ShowKey, ShowKey AHK and Excel spreadsheet of the Virtual keycodes for Windows, T3 and MX3 Remote.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0...sp=sharing

I would like you to install AutoHotKey and then use the ShowKey AHK script.
I find "ShowKey AHK" displays different information than just "Showkey"

Once you have "ShowKey AHK" running just press the button on you remote a few times and then press the "F5" button this should now show information for the keypress in "ShowKey AHK".
Ideally if you could screen shot and post back the results or let us now what the Virtual Key Code is.
ok i actually ahd done that i will have to get it reinstalled but it showed the same result as the normal showkey which was browser_back yet kodi does but i will get those screenshots when i get home from work
ok here is the result of showkey ahk

here is what kodi gives if i use the keymap editor addon

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
keymaps0