Help With Kodi Remote
Hi All,

I need some help with the Kodi Remote on my iphone.
I would like to know if it is possible to have the application launch on my Windows 10 running computer from the iphone? I have tried mashing the Wake on Lan button, but no use.

Thanks in advance.
You want the Kodi Remote for IOS start up your Windows 10 pc, and start Kodi on your PC?
Have Windows 10 auto-start on its own, and install a WakeOnLan tool on your iPhone.
Shouldn't be a problem, unless the PC doesn not support WOL.
Hey Klojum.
Thanks for your swift reply.
I just want Kodi to start up on my PC which is already turned on. The Kodi remote has a WoL option, and I was hoping that I could get just Kodi to launch with the push of a button.

I'll give you a brief idea of my layout and setting. I have a laptop running at 1366x768 resolution, and a LCD television connected via HDMI and running at 1920x1080 resolution. I have my laptop set to 'Do Nothing' when the lid is shut when plugged to power source.
I have the laptop and LCD Television set to 'Extended these displays' with the laptop set to primary display.
The LCD monitor is always turned on. I tend to close the laptop lid most of the time.
I have Kodi running on the extended desktop which is on the LCD Television. Kodi runs well when I close the lid. However, when i open the laptop lid, Kodi shifts to the laptop screen.

My main query is, how to launch Kodi on my PC that is already on from my iphone.

Thanks.
Also. It would be nice to know what port does the remote communicate on,

I found a software called xmbcstarter that serves what Im looking for. However, its asking for the UDP port.

Edit: Found out its port 9. But unfortunately, xmbcstarter only responds to Yatse for Android.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help With Kodi Remote0