SMB share to windows 10, firewall causes freezing?
I just upgraded my system to Krypton and setup the SMB share, it works perfect until I let the system idle for a few hours. After that when I try to play or manually browse the folder the system hangs.

This behavior goes away when I turn off the windows 10 firewall.

I then forwarded ports 135-139, & 445 (both TCP & UDP) thinking that will solve my problem. But no, the behavior remains?

Rebooting the box does the trick and it will work again, it’s only when I let the kodi go idle and the windows firewall is on (regardless of port forwarding)

Any ideas? In a perfect world I would like to re-enable the firewall.

Thanks,
In a perfect world, people reporting problems would mention their OS/distribution and exact version of Kodi because, you know, that's kinda important and useful.

Or they'd just upload a debug log and save everyone the 20-questions.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Sorry Milhouse, you're right... i was more testing the waters to see if this was a common issues people were having. (being lazy)

But this seems to be more of a Window issue and a Kodi one, my other shares are working just great.

let me tackle this from the windows side of things and if i don't have any luck ill resurrect this post.

Cheers,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB share to windows 10, firewall causes freezing?0