[split] LibreELEC Kodi - HD Audio - Apollo / Kaby Lake alternatives...
I have not bought any hardware yet intel kaby lake. I went back to the trailer as I learned about the problems with dtshd and Dolby True HD. I do not know what to do now? Wait for the coffee lake and hope it will work well or buy an amlogic box?
Buy a cheap S905X box as a make-do solution until the dust settles and you can be certain that Coffee Lake isn't crippled in the same or a different way to recent generations of Intel hardware.

Hopefully AMD will have a decent competitor on the market towards the end of the year which will render Coffee Lake and it's potential problems irrelevant.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you for the reply Milhouse. Can you recommend something like the S905X gigabit ethernet box that works?
I can't really give you specifics as I've only heard/read that they're quite usable (and cheap, and fairly well supported, particularly LibreELEC). Not really sure why you need gigabit ethernet when even 100Mbps is more than adequate for high bit rate 4K video.

You might want to have a look at this thread, which has more specific information:

Choosing a AML S905 / S905X / S905W / S905D box guide.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-09-05, 22:24)kowalmisiek Wrote: Thank you for the reply Milhouse. Can you recommend something like the S905X gigabit ethernet box that works?

S905X is 100Mbs Ethernet - but has potential HDR support.
S905 is Gigabit Ethernet - but doesn't support HDR.

The two AMLogic SoCs have two different Ethernet implementations - hence the difference in speeds.
Strange that the new S905X box has a ethernet slower than the older version.
I thought about one solution to the problem with HD audio. I have a geforce 1050 graphics card. Would it be possible in LibreELEC to set the reciver sound with HDMI Geforce and the Intel gpu for video?
Maybe the new Rock64 (https://www.pine64.org/?page_id=7147) could be a suitable device; it's got GigE & HDR support
(2017-09-06, 20:03)count.zero Wrote: Maybe the new Rock64 (https://www.pine64.org/?page_id=7147) could be a suitable device; it's got GigE & HDR support

It seems ok only if it will be well supported by the codi community? And how much does it cost?
Price: $24.95–$44.95 (1GB, 2GB, 4GB Mem)
(2017-09-06, 21:01)kowalmisiek Wrote: It seems ok only if it will be well supported by the codi community?
Nope the Rock64 does not have extensive Kodi supported at all - at this present point in time.

There is No where near the maturity the LibreELEC Intel Krypton or LibreELEC AMLogic Krypton platforms currently have.

Don't get conned by fancy tech specs.

Please read this post regarding:

RK3328 (ROCK64) vs AMLogic S905(x) (click):

wrxtasy - My sister is working at Intel as a developer of the CPU itself.
I contacted her regarding the HD Audio issue and sent her the bug from Intel's website.
She contacted some guy that was responsible for the drivers, but he said that he only supports Windows issue (that is solved already) and the vendors suppose to fix there own issue, and Intel is not responsible for fixing this...
So i talked to her and she asked me to send her an email with full description of the problem that say that the vendors are not responsible but Intel is !
Please try to gather all the info we need so i can send her a proper email with all the details so we can help the community and ourselves Smile

Thanks in advance !!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] LibreELEC Kodi - HD Audio - Apollo / Kaby Lake alternatives...0