Missing libs for amd64
I am using gentoo amd64, compiled XBMC successfully before.
But failed with recent revisions(now is revision 12232)

Here is the error message.
Code:
g++ -O2 -o XboxMediaCenter xbmc/*.o xbmc/settings/*.o xbmc/cdrip/*.o guilib/*.o guilib/tinyXML/*.o guilib/common/*.o xbmc/FileSystem/*.o xbmc/FileSystem/VideoDatabaseDirectory/*.o xbmc/FileSystem/MusicDatabaseDirectory/*.o xbmc/visualizations/*.o xbmc/screensavers/*.o xbmc/cores/*.o xbmc/cores/paplayer/*.o xbmc/linux/*.o xbmc/lib/sqLite/*.o xbmc/lib/libscrobbler/*.o xbmc/lib/libPython/*.o xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/*.o xbmc/xbox/*.o xbmc/cores/DllLoader/*.o xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/*.o xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/util/*.o xbmc/utils/*.o xbmc/lib/UnrarXLib/*.o xbmc/lib/libGoAhead/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDSubtitles/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Audio/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemuxers/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay/libspucc/*.o xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/*.o xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoShaders/*.o xbmc/lib/libcmyth/*.o xbmc/lib/libGoAhead/libGoAheadD-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXBMS/libxbms-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libUPnP/libupnp-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libRTV/librtv-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXDAAP/libxdaap-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libcdio/libcdio-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libsmb/libsmbclient-x86_64-linux.a -lhal-storage -ldbus-1 -lpcre -lmms -lXrandr -lresolv -lrt -lasound -lmysqlclient -lsqlite3 -llzo2 -lfribidi -lfreetype -ldl -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lSDL -lvorbis -logg -ltre -lmad -lXinerama -lGLU -lGLEW -lGL  -rdynamic
g++: xbmc/lib/libcdio/libcdio-x86_64-linux.a: No such file or directory
g++: xbmc/lib/libsmb/libsmbclient-x86_64-linux.a: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [XboxMediaCenter] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chrisyu/XBMC'
make: *** [all] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/chrisyu/XBMC'

How could I get/compile libcdio-x86_64-linux.a or xbmc/lib/libsmb/libsmbclient-x86_64-linux.a?

Thanks.
I'm not familiar with gentoo's packaging system, but try installing these.

http://gentoo-portage.com/dev-libs/libcdio
http://gentoo-portage.com/net-fs/samba

xgrep
return null;
You'll have to compile em yourself with:
Code:
./configure --prefix=/foo/bar
make
make install.
Take them from /foo/bar and rename them and put them in XBMC/xbmc/lib/libcdio/libcdio-x86_64-linux.a

Rinse and repeat for libsmbclient

GL Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I'll try that.
Thank you, Topfs2 and xgrep. Smile
Update: I compiled those two files,but still failed with following messages

[code]
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/chrisyu/XBMC'
g++ -O2 -o XboxMediaCenter xbmc/*.o xbmc/settings/*.o xbmc/cdrip/*.o guilib/*.o guilib/tinyXML/*.o guilib/common/*.o xbmc/FileSystem/*.o xbmc/FileSystem/VideoDatabaseDirectory/*.o xbmc/FileSystem/MusicDatabaseDirectory/*.o xbmc/visualizations/*.o xbmc/screensavers/*.o xbmc/cores/*.o xbmc/cores/paplayer/*.o xbmc/linux/*.o xbmc/lib/sqLite/*.o xbmc/lib/libscrobbler/*.o xbmc/lib/libPython/*.o xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/*.o xbmc/xbox/*.o xbmc/cores/DllLoader/*.o xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/*.o xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/util/*.o xbmc/utils/*.o xbmc/lib/UnrarXLib/*.o xbmc/lib/libGoAhead/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDSubtitles/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Audio/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemuxers/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay/libspucc/*.o xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/*.o xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoShaders/*.o xbmc/lib/libcmyth/*.o xbmc/lib/libGoAhead/libGoAheadD-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXBMS/libxbms-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libUPnP/libupnp-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libRTV/librtv-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXDAAP/libxdaap-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libcdio/libcdio-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libsmb/libsmbclient-x86_64-linux.a -lhal-storage -ldbus-1 -lpcre -lmms -lXrandr -lresolv -lrt -lasound -lmysqlclient -lsqlite3 -llzo2 -lfribidi -lfreetype -ldl -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lSDL -lvorbis -logg -ltre -lmad -lXinerama -lGLU -lGLEW -lGL -rdynamic
xbmc/lib/libsmb/libsmbclient-x86_64-linux.a(debug.o): In function `debug_init':
debug.cSad.text+0xfd7): multiple definition of `debug_init'
xbmc/lib/libXDAAP/libxdaap-x86_64-linux.a(debug.o):debug.cSad.text+0x0): first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chrisyu/XBMC'
make: Leaving directory `/home/chrisyu/XBMC'
[/cdoe]

Thanks.
Well my guess is that the headers for libsmbclient might need a fix as they seems too not fit 64bit builds but I have no real idea to be honest Smile
(We don't support 64bit or gentoo for that matter).

So I'm sorry but I can't really help you that much more :S
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Looks like libsmbclient and libxdaap both refine a function "debug_init". Might try building you libsmbclient with the --disable-debug configure option and if that doesn't work, manually removing the function and any calls to it.

I can confirm that XBMC compiles perfectly fine on 32bit Gentoo. There are 64bit patchs on the forums or sf (can't remember which) but I don't know what their status is or how up to date they are. We really can't be arsed to help everybody get XBMC compiled on their distro of choice, if you aren't using 32bit ubuntu desktop edition you're on your own.
althekiller Wrote:Looks like libsmbclient and libxdaap both refine a function "debug_init". Might try building you libsmbclient with the --disable-debug configure option and if that doesn't work, manually removing the function and any calls to it.

I can confirm that XBMC compiles perfectly fine on 32bit Gentoo. There are 64bit patchs on the forums or sf (can't remember which) but I don't know what their status is or how up to date they are. We really can't be arsed to help everybody get XBMC compiled on their distro of choice, if you aren't using 32bit ubuntu desktop edition you're on your own.

Yes, you are very right.Laugh
I compiled samba with or without debug flag(it's disabled by default), but no luck.
So I replaced debug_init with debug_initsmb in 2 files of samba sources(debug.c and loadparm.c), and XBMC compiled.LaughLaughLaugh

Thank you.

I'm not a C++ developer, is this normal?
By the way, I compiled XBMC with gcc 4.3.1 svn.
Greate work, Team XBMC.Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing libs for amd640