Solved Amazon Fire stick support/help?
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this whole Kodi thing and am blown away, feel like I've been living under a rock all these years!!

Installed Kodi on my MacBook and have the remote app on my iPhone. Works great. When I click "Find Kodi" in the add host section it finds it straight away and bobs your uncle, it works!!

Problem is when I went to my dads house to show him the app. It wouldn't find Kodi. He's running Kodi v17 on his fire stick. I tried adding all the IP address, MAC address and all into the app and save it but it still wouldn't find it. Thought it may be my phone so downloaded the app on his iPhone too. It had the same problem.

Had my MacBook with me so opened up Kodi and the app and added a new host. Clicked "Find Kodi" and it picked my Kodi on my Mac up straight away.

It just won't find the Kodi that's on my dads fire stick.

Any help please?? This app is great and make using Kodi a completely new and better experience.
LibreELEC on RPi4 on Samsung 55" Frame TV
Have you enabled Application Control in Settings>Service Settings>Control on your dad's system?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-09-07, 23:22)Karellen Wrote: Have you enabled Application Control in Settings>Service Settings>Control on your dad's system?

I have, I did everything exactly as I did it when I paired to my MacBook originally. That's why I'm finding it so strange. Was wondering if the app worked with Fire Stick..
All sorted.

I had to manually add the [correct] IP address (read this thread 192.168.49.1. Bad IP and realised that wasn't the correct IP address) and it then worked. Wouldn't find Kodi on the network automatically.

But its eventually working.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire stick support/help?0